mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

As if we aren’t paying enough already for Comcast’s annoyingly pixilating service, now the company’s bean-counters have devised a bizarre scheme to squeeze additional charges from customers: make them pay for TCM content as part of an inexplicable “sports package.” Don’t look for logic behind this decision — there is no rationality in believing old movie lovers will suddenly realize that they really should start branching out in their TV viewing to include more sports coverage. Plain and simple, this is unadulterated money-grubbing, and unless the company reverses its decision, I encourage all Comcast customers to follow me in identifying and selecting another service provider that isn’t so cavalier with its clients’ limited resources.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

10/12/19-My husband visited our Comcast store and told them he was cancelling service, mainly due to the removal of TCM from the lineup. IMMEDIATELY, the manager there put TCM back into our lineup AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.We’ve been told our current rate will not change. A SQUEAKY WHEELS GETS THE GREASE (or in this case, gets TCM!)

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

5 years ago

It occurs to me that with the predominance of trash available lately on TV, more and more viewers are watching the old movies on TCM to avoid all the sexcapades and inane programing, not to mention the endless commercials.  Comcast/Exfinity have realized this and seek to profit from it.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I was just thinking that.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Agree!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

After losing access to Turner Classic Movies two days ago, I upgraded my existing Xfinity cable TV service to a bundled channel package that included the Sports and Entertainment service. I received a hard copy of my new channel lineup from the local Comcast office, along with the new cable box they said was necessary to receive TCM again.

I was back to watching TCM Thursday and Friday, but this morning my access to it was again blocked.  When I called, they said my bundled service did not include the Sports and Entertainment package and that I could not watch TCM unless I paid an additional $10/month to my already upgraded service.

Understand that they made it clear I would receive the Sports and Entertainment service and TCM with the upgraded service, and that TCM was available for two days after they had initially removed it.  The hardcopy of the channel lineup lists TCM as one of the included channels in the new service package with the tier highlighted by the customer service rep, and I was able to watch TCM again for two days.

Now I am locked in a 2-year contract with a $230 cancellation fee for upgraded service that Comcast initially said included the Sports and Entertainment package including TCM, but now they insist it does not.

How can I get Comcast to honor their original service agreement?  Am I stuck with their bait and switch scheme?

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

5 years ago

I like how it disappears on a long weekend when I can't call and complain

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Terrible, despicable move. A lineup littered with garbage. Comcast, I cannot wait to LEAVE YOU AS A CUSTOMER for good because of this decision. DirecTV here I come. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I agree that Xfinity/Comcast's decision to move Turner Classic Movies to a premium channel is underhanded.  I think I'll cancel my subscription and move to a program like Sling. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

MY HUSBAND AND I ARE VERY UPSET ABOUT COMCAST MAKING THIS HORRIBLE MOVE OF TCM TO AN EXTRA CHARGE TO A SPORTS PACKAGE. WE ARE "THE SO CALLED 10%" THAT WATCH TCM, IF FACT WE WATCH IT 90% OF THE TIME. IF THIS IS NOT CORRECTED WE WILL BE LIKE MANY OTHERS AND CUTTING THE CORD TO COMCAST AND SWITCHING TO STREAMING CHANNELS WE LIKE. WE ALREADY PAY WAY TOO MUCH FOR COMCAST SERVICES SO THIS WE HELP US MAKE OUR DECISION~

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just sent TCM that they will be losing a lot of viewers because of this. Ball is in their court.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm with you...73 yrs old Remember SELKIRK before comcast...Well thats me.Thats how long i've been with comcast.Taking every penny out of this old man living on SOCIAL SECURITY.TCM was my favorite channel.Now they take that.No thought of the old Viet Nam veterns 66-69 they could care less or old men.I'm cutting the cable...THEY MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH.....

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I dont want a sports package. I want TCM.   I dont watch over paid disrespecting thugs throw a football.  I want TCM ! My cable and internet go out at least twice a week and dont get credit. So give me TCM ! I am ready to pull the plug on you high priced over rated company.   BRING BACK TCM WITHOUT THE SPORTS PACKAGE..FREE

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How much is the sports and entertainment package that now includes TCM compared to preferred digital?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

When a company like Comcast starts to see letters in your local newspapers about this issue, it will start to affect their bottom line. If you are upset about this TCM move, write letters to your local paper, when they see business falling they will change

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here