mbg71
Crowd Pleaser
Notorious
Popular

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thu, Aug 29, 2019 5:00 AM

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

2 y ago

I just bought a RoKu device.  I am cutting all Comcast services.  I subscribed to Sling and got all the channels I wanted DVR and turner classic movies for 68.39 + tax.

just cut the cord now and save yourself the hassle of working with this corrupt company.

Joe_S

Regular Contributor

• 

83 Messages

2 y ago

I had the Sports and Entertainment Pacakge in order to get TCM and  HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc and I don't watch sports at all. Anyway, the "promotion" that i had expired last month and my bill went up 15%. I went tot the local Comcast office and got a new promation, Super Triple Play, which includes the Sports and Entertainment Package for about the same cost as I was paying before. So why was I unable to watch Turner Classics on Friday evening? They were running some Japanese horror movies that I would have liked to see but all I got was "Subscription Required".  I was going to call Comcast this morning but I checked and Turner Classics was available again. Can't they even transition the channel without having it unavailable for that day? I also thiink there is some difference in the way that TCM is now received by the cable box, but that could be a new topic someday.

madamferee

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

LOL. Still laughing. Of course you hid my post. No surprise there. I became angry about you putting TCM into a sports package that I neither want nor need, and then charging me another $10 a month for it. I mentioned I would be pursuing the complaint with my national and state legislators and also mentioned that I found out when my contract is done and that unless you reverse this action, I will be leaving you at that time. Comcast isn't for its customers. Nor it is for its workers. The only people it cares about, apparently, are its shareholders, who according to Comcast's 10K report had net profits of $11.3 billion in 2018, as well as a CEO who 'earned' $35 million. So there you have it. Hide again.

But this ISN'T resolved, and Comcast will be losing money over this decision in the long term. I've been a customer since 2002, and have paid you over $43K in that time for cable, internet and landline services, and presently (with the sports package being forced down my throat) pay you $243 a month. But you won't have that after this coming March 5 when my contract is up. Not unless you reverse this decision.

So happy, happy. Feel free to hide again. And again. And again...cause I'll keep coming back.

iampc

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

The answer is Comcast wants more money @$9.99+
They are hoping customers will want TCM and pay for it.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 y ago

OMG!!! Now I am looking into cutting the cable!
I pay almost $200 a month... a senior lady on fixed income and watch TCM classic movies a lot...I hate sports so would never pay xtra to get it. This is absolutely ridiculous because what does TCM have to do with sports!!! We are being forced to pay more to get what we signed up for. I bought the package with TCM and its gone! I have been with Comcast from the beginning and put up with rate hikes but taking away TCM from elderly people who enjoy watching movies from their sentimental years is a disgrace!!!
madamferee

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

I put a post on here and got it hidden. But no worries. I'll be contacting my national and state legislators about what I believe to be monopolistic overreach on your part, and will be researching what agencies in Colorado exercise regulatory oversight over you. 

In addition, I will be cancelling my subscription on March 5, when my contract expires unless you reverse this decision - and I've been a subscriber since 2002, paid you over $43K at this point. But I've finally had it. I have a casual interest in sports at best and to be forced to subscribe to a sports package for the sake of the TCM channel is offensive to me as a matter of principle.

Good luck to your $35 million/yr CEO and your $11.3 billion net-profit company. You will be losing my $243 a month come March 2020. 

But them, I'm just a nobody, right? A drop in the bucket. 

pastorpwm

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

I am thinking it is time to change services to someone who appreciates their customers and understands serving them.

TWIII

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Yes, this is some business model that Comcast has, remove channels from your esxisting line-up and continue raising rates!  TCM needs an additional subscription to a sports package? Well, that makes a LOT of sence!  You can just see their greedy little fingers trying to pull more dollars out of your pocket!  It's no wonder that the Comcast / Xfinity customer satisfaction numbers have continued to tank faster than most other industries!

jtomenko

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

Another poor decision by Comcast.  A couple of months ago they took away Cinemax and gave us a lousy b movie channel Hitz. . Haven't watched one movie on that channel yet. Oh, I'm sorry, thats not a channel its only on demand. Bye bye Cinemax.

Now they take TCM away and ad it to sports. Too much sports now. 

Rethink this Comcast. 

You are just making it easier for customers to switch.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Count me in with those who rather continue to get TCM and give up the sports channels I almost never watch. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I am very upset that you have moved the TCM channel to a sports package deal.  Come on, this is ridiculous and not very customer friendly.

TWIII

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Soooooo discusted with Comcast now.  TCM requires additional subscription?  This is the single most irritating utility I deal with, worse than the phone and energy companies!  The Comcast business model, delete channels and incrase rates......  And wihile I'm at it, their equipment is also trash, I'm on my 5th converter box, and my cable modem died so many times their service tech told me I shold go out and buy my own if I wanted reliable internet service.  I really feel sorry for their staff responsible for dealing with the public.  I'm now actively looking or alternatives.  

swellgal12

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Big corporations w/big executives gettng BIG TAX CUT while consumers are forced to pay BIGGER BUCKS FOR EVEN LESS SERVICE!  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

This is the 2nd time it was moved up shameful.
prove

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

2 y ago

Customer here since 1988.  Everything ends, I guess.  Change will be good.

New to the Community?

Start Here