mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast, do you really think you will get people to pay extra for a ridiculous Sports package just so we can get one channel, TCM?  This makes no business sense.  You are only driving customers away.  How is moving this channel to a sports package going to keep prices from increasing on other packages? How much extra does it cost Comcast to keep this channel in the existing packages?  You are in violation of your agreements with customers.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I am absolutely furious that I have lost Turner Classic Movies. Why is Comcast so greedy? I can't afford another rate increase. I'm going to start looking for another provider. I am fed up with Comcast cable.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

5 years ago

Unbelievable...  I tried to "Submit Feedback"  and it doesn't work.  All I get is "Thank you for your participation in this study, however it is currently unavailable"    I swear these people don't think we have other options.  I've just about had it with them!  

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

If you are in the lucky ones to actually speak with somebody about the complaint of Comcast changing the viewing on Turner movie classic you will speak with someone from the Philippines. The agent has no knowledge about Comcast nor do they have any knowledge about Turner movie classic. This matter is unsettling. I will be closing my account as soon as my contract is over which is November. I refuse to buy a package with my only interest is in Turner movie classic and not any sports or military, or country channels.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Did not know TCM was a sport

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

This is exactly how I feel. I watch TCM all the time. I pay $275/month and still dont have this channel. I've been with Comcast since 1997, but I'm looking for another option. Ridiculous Comcast!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

RIght you are! I just tried to schedule a call-back with a customer rep, and their system must be overloaded because it's crashed! Gee, I wonder why?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Im urging Comcast to reconsider this move of TCM to a sports channel at extra charge. First; A sports channel for classic movies? Get real.

Second; If you really want to sell your argument for change, transparency is the operative word. Show us paying customers what the readership is for all your channels. My guess is that most of us are paying for channels in our current line-up that are dogs that less customers watch than TCM.

Unfortunately, this sounds like a scam to me. Im not yet ready to believe your reasoning that TCM is a low volume watched program. My guess is quite the contrary. I suggest you pay particular attention to the level of negative response this move has generated and re-instate TCM to its former line up.

Thank you for your consideration. And, all of us TCM customers deserve a response.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am not a sports person, so I don't watch sports but I do watch TCM alot. You are taking away

my pleasure as I am 77 years old. It's too bad I can't cancel because I just signed up with you this year.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I get a subscription message when trying to watch TCM. I am very dissatisfied with the current price I pay and now you want more $$. 

Internet TV or Satalite TV are starting to look like my only option.

I'm NOT happy.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just found out TCM is now part of an extra tier for more money per month. My wife has been wanting to cut the cord with Comcast but kept it fo me because I watched TCM movies. When my contact is up goodbye COMCAST! What were you thinking? I never watch sports and most people who watch sports watch sports not old movi es. Looking forward to canceling Comcast!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Such a bad idea. And when you inquire about what sports channels you will receive it turns out all but one already come with my HD premium package. And the one new one,NFLREDZONE, is only on Sunday during games and is dark the rest of the week. So basically they want us to buy the sports channels twice to receive TCM.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am already an extra cost sports package subscriber and I still lost TCM.  I am guessing that they have a higher cost sports package that they are trying to sell.  With the cost of this cable as high as it is, moves like this will ensure that I will be making the cut from cable in the near future.  The logic to include TCM in a sports package boggels the mind.  

Put it back Comcast, there are many many of your viewers that watch this channel and like it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I never looked into the cruise cost... it's that much? Well one less thing for me...blindsided by TCM disappearing in the middle of October...on my mom's birthday no less ..my brother discovered TCM in the hospital ..never had anything but basic cable...he upgraded for TCM alone he enjoyed it so much... Disappointed...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I am yet another customer who is considering dropping Xfinity since Turner Classic Movies was removed from subscription...and without any notice!!!  If you are going to do this, how much less will I be charged on my bill?  I am becoming very distrustful of this organization!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here