mbg71's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 5:00 AM

Closed

WHY IS COMCAST CHANGING TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES TO SPORTS PACKAGE IN OCTOBER?

I just received a notice from Comcast that they are removing TCM, Turner Classic Movies, from all current packages and moving it to the SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE?    What possible logic is there to that brilliant change?  TCM is widely viewed by many Comcast subscribers on their regular packages--NOT SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PACKAGE!  I URGE COMCAST TO LEAVE TCM WHERE IT IS.  I am seriously considering cancelling my Comcast subscription over this.    Get real Comcast and leave TCM alone.  Seriously!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

leave tcm alone

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I don't believe for a second that viewership of TCM is low. We watch it all the time. One of the ONLY reasons we have cable tv is so that we can watch TCM.  What you have done, you lying POS is take a very popular channel and moved it to a dying tier Sports. Everyone who has kept up with the news on the downward spiral of ESPN viewership and it's ilk knows this is the true reason you moved it. Trying to prop up a package that is dying a slow but sure death.  I'm sure it has never occurred to you to lower prices and keep them low to entice cord cutters back. But you will find that you cannot stem the tide of cord cutters. By making this kind of move you are ensuring that MORE people go. We now no longer have a reason to keep cable. We are NOT going to increase our package as it is already MORE than we can afford.  We are looking to cut our costs everywhere and if TCM is available to stream without a subscription through xfinity/comcast, we will cut the cord as soon as our sentence is up. Which I believe is in March. Sayonara baby!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I too am very upset with the Comcast change of TCM to a subscription to a sports channel package that requires additional fee.  I did not see any notification about this change!

This is clearly a way for Comcast to increase their revenue on the backs of loyal cusomers.  Well, after this, I will not be so loyal. Time to start looking for alternatives.....

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Me too.  Since my contract ended, the price of my service has increased by more than 25% while produce has consistently decreased,  and now they have dumped my favorite channel into a "sports package" that ends up charging me $10 per month more for a "package" that I do not want.  We'll be looking seriously at cable cutting in the near future.

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

5 years ago

No warning on this. I had shows set up to record that did not record. I signed a two year agreement a little over a year ago. My rates have gone up twice in that time, and now they are screwing with the channel line up (removing TCM). Seems like their contracts are a one-way affair. Is this legal? I already pay well over $200 a month of their services. I have been dragging my feet on looking for an alternative (their competition recently ran fiber through my front yard). This is just the motivation I need to find an alternative carrier.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been a loyal customer of Comcast for 28 years, and TCM was the channel that I watched most often. I am appalled that Comcast would place TCM in a package with sports channels that I don't watch. I already pay over $100/month and now they want to charge an additional amount. I believe that the company is aware of the popularity and viewership of TCM so they expect subscribers to pay more. I believe that it's outright thievery.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This is a disgusting move! The idea of putting Turner Classic Movies with a sports channel subscription is absolutely NUTS! What bean-brain thought that one up? Movie afficionados are typically NOT into watching the World Tiddly-wink Championships!

Someone said they have other ways of getting TCM. Can you share? And give me tips on how to "cut the cable"? Thanks!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

They are so bad at their job.  I have a contract with them and by removing Turner Classic Movies I do believe they just broke our contract.  Comcast-Xfinity  is one of the worst companies on earth as far as I am concerned.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Is this forum really locked?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am with all of you who are angry about the change on TCM. We too are looking into leaving Xfinity because they clearly done have their customers best interest.

* Xfinity I request you rethink you plan or even have two plans where you offer TCM on its own.
In a sports Metaphor you really dropped the ball.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Looking at alternatives. I am in one of Comcast's most expensive plans and now they want extra $$$ for me to watch one of the few channels I do watch. I will never do it and urge others to resist also. I will definately be looking for an alternative to Comcast for access to TCM. Actions like this is what inspires customers to explore cord-cutting. If I have to pay extra to watch TCM I will use my smart TV and pay anyone but Comcast for the privilege. This action has taken me from being a content customer to one who is extremely unhappy and will be l;ooking for alteratives to Comcast.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

TCM where the heck is it? What a lame move on Comcast part. This is already the worst cable I have ever paid 239.00$ a month for in my life , now you go and take one of the only things worth watching. PUT IT BACK Please....

Extremely dissatisfied customer..

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Have had TCM for the length of time i have been with Comcast...28 years...will not be paying more than what i pay now...tired of paying their high prices...someone saw this move as another source of revenue...greedy...will be switching, and once i switch, there will be no moving back.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

To send an email about losing TCM  to Xfinity Executive VP of Customer Service, Tom Karnishak:

1.  Sign in to your Xfinity account

2.  Click on “Support” at the top

3.  Scroll to the bottom of the page

4.  In first column on the left side, click on “Contact Customer Support”

5.  Scroll down to “A Message from Tom”

6. At the bottom of the paragraph, click on “Read a letter from Tom”

7.  Scroll to the bottom, to the final paragraph

8.  Click on link “Contact me”

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

- I don’t watch sports- I watch old movies.
The only reason I had the plan I did was for TCM and now it’s gone? What’s left, junk I don’t watch and I’ve been a customer forever !!!
Good job guys in driving away your customers. Not giving you anymore money, time to explore other options and don’t beg me to come back. You messed up, I could lease a car for what I pay you. I feel really betrayed. Others said you were no good but I ignored the criticisms

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here