Nashtn's profile

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 1:38 PM

Closed

Why is cable reception bad on NBC and somewhat bad on ABC?

You can see the recording in my DVR which is labeled Today.  NBC 1004 and ABC 1002 are very hard to watch.  Can anyone fix this?  CSpan 1128 is impossible to watch.  Why is this happening and what can be done?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

2 years ago

Hey there @Nashtn

Hate to hear you are experiencing troubles with your recordings, is this happening on all devices and streaming app as well? 

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

@XfinitySheila

So it took awhile to find out what was wrong. The cable came thru the brick wall with the power cord of the A/C condenser, and in a short time melted from the heat in the power cord, exposing copper wire in the wall. The symptoms were the following channels don't have signal: CSPan, Discovery, National Geographic, USA, Showtime 1 & 2, CMT, FX, TNT. ABC and NBC had pixelation. Internet and streaming were slow.  Comcast replaced the cable through the wall after drilling another hole in the mortar. 

I also got a new drop line to the house which will be buried.  

Yay everything works!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you so much for the update, @Nashtn and I'm so glad to hear that everything is up and running so you can enjoy your TV service :). Is there anything else we can do to help?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

2 years ago

Checked streaming on my laptop xfinity.com/stream for CSpan 1128 and it works.  However when it buffers it pauses.

Channel 1002 and 1004 are better this morning. They seem to get worse at night, especially if there is entertainment like dancing or gymnastics on America's Got Talent. Channel 1128 CSpan isn't any better at all ever. I primarily watch cable on hdmi tvs. And it's the same on all of them.

Comcast called me yesterday and is sending someone this morning. The person on the phone said the tests he ran showed something is interfering, could be inside or outside.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

2 years ago

All problems were resolved at last service call when he found out that cable thru the outside wall melted in a short time because of HVAC power cord, and had to be moved to its separate hole in the mortar. So far, cable hdmi channels are good.

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Thanks for staying in touch with us, @Nashtn. I apologize for the amount of time it took to get it resolved but glad our amazing field tech was able to address and resolve the issue. Did you have any other issues or concerns we could address or resolve for you? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here