U

Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 9:45 PM

Closed

why have a contract

Okay why do you have me sign a contract when you don't keep you end.  Don't I get penalized if I leave early.  I was taught when you sign a contract for services and channels for a certain amount per month that you keep that for the term of your contract. Well you have raised my rates, for one.  But the topper was the email I received today that Root Sports was being removed from my current package.  Really this was one of the main reasons I got this package.  Granted I understand that you are now going to lower my bill for $8.95.  But you also tell me that if I want Root Sport back I will have to upgrade my TV package.  Yet I look at the package I have on line at your web site, it says I still have Root Sports. I am not happy with this at all.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Couldn't agree more. 2 of the maybe 10 channels I actually watch have disappeared from the lineup in the last few years. First the Cartoon Network, now Root Sports, the only place to watch Mariners baseball. Why are you removing channels from the lineup? This may be a cut-the-cord moment for me, as I can get basically everything elsewhere for much cheaper. I've been a Comcast/Xfinity customer for 30 years, but rates keep going up and service is going down.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@achakoian Thank you for reaching out over our Community Forums. 

On Tuesday, October 10, 2023, Root Sports Northwest channel was moved from Xfinity’s Digital Starter, Extra, Popular TV, and Starter Latino TV packages to the Ultimate TV package. We regularly evaluate our channel lineups and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. As part of those regular reviews, we decided to move Root Sports Northwest. The good news is that if you have a package which no longer includes a regional sports network (RSN) like Root Sports Northwest, you won’t see the that network's portion of the fee on your bill. However, if you'd like to continue viewing Root Sports Northwest, you can get the Ultimate TV package. We do apologize for any inconvenience!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

This is why I'm looking at leaving Xfinity.  They cut Cartoon Network from my list of channels, now Root Sports - where pretty much all of the Mariner and Kraken games are aired.  Thinking on getting Quantum (aka Century Link) now that they have fiber optic in my area and paying for Sling and a couple other channels.  Will still be $100 cheaper per month.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

11 months ago

Hello, @user_g0ijvz! Thanks for reaching out about Root Sports. I like watching that channel too and apologize for any frustration with it getting moved to another lineup. The Xfinity Residential Services Agreement goes over that our channel lineups can change sometimes.

Most of the channels that we offer are owned by media companies other than Comcast, which means we need to pay those companies in order to bring their channels to our customers. We negotiate contracts with these media companies to obtain the rights to carry their channels, on-demand content, and streaming apps on our platforms. We regularly evaluate our channel lineups and sometimes make changes to ensure we're offering a wide variety of content at the best value. As part of those regular reviews, we decided to move Root Sports Northwest. We expect the channel lineups to reflect that tomorrow. The update is in progress on our end as we speak.

We would be happy to look further into this and see what your billing would look like if you added the channel back. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

11 months ago

[Edited: "Language"].  They keep moving everything to the higher package "to benefit us" [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  This makes the switch to streaming a much easier choice for me.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

I have been a customer for over 25 years and during that time, they have only made me pay more for the channels that I already pay for.   I'm sick of xfinity or comcast, whatever the name....  They are honoring their contracts with their customers, but, want their customers to do so.  DO BETTER FOR your customers, or they will soon find other options...for their $$$$$.  Plus, they never answer the phone.  That's a clue that they do not care about their customers.  They only want you to pay more for less...  I really want to find other options and I'm going to look for those cheaper options.  

1 Message

11 months ago

Got our bill and it was not only not lower by $8.95 but went up a few cents due to taxes and fees.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Hello @user_6lg181! We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. I am sorry to hear that the bill is not priced as expected. My team would love to look into this billing concern on our end and get things sorted out. Please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

8 months ago

This is exactly what we said. We ONLY bought the package for ROOT sports. What now?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_6zbh30 We do apologize for any inconvenience. We pay networks, local TV station owners and others for the ability to deliver their programming to our customers. The fees vary based on factors such as the type of content, the popularity of the network, and the demand for its content, among others.

We regularly evaluate our packages to ensure they include the best combination of options to appeal to our customers. We'd be happy to help you choose a package that includes Root Sports Northwest.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here