U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, October 7th, 2022 11:34 PM

Closed

Why does XFIINITY have 2 different PAC-12 channels and both are SD and have no HD version?

Why does XFIINITY have 2 different PAC-12 channels and both are SD and have no HD version?

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

2 years ago

There are seven different Pac-12 channels. Each area with a Pac-12 school is "supposed to" get the main one and its regional one (Washington, Oregon, Bay Area, Los Angeles, Arizona, or Mountain (Utah/Colorado)). Most of the time, they show the same thing, but occasionally they show different sports - for example, as I type this, the main channel is showing Stanford-Colorado volleyball, while the Bay Area channel is showing California-Utah volleyball.

As for why you don't get an HD version of the national one (I'm not sure HD versions of the regional ones even exist), your guess is as good as mine; it's channel 823 where I live.

Contributor

• 

86 Messages

2 years ago

In the Seattle area Pac-12 Washington is available in HD on channel 1330. It is an IP channel. The national Pac-12 Network is in HD on channels 628 and 1329. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@seattle4sports​ I am in New Mexico and both channels are in SD, i called and asked why and they had no idea either. I'm guessing they are being cheap and are trying to save bandwidth

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

@user_1c0c72​ - pardon me for asking, but what two Pac-12 channels do you get? I didn't think anyone from outside of a Pac-12 school's state (Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Utah, Colorado) was supposed to get anything other than the main channel.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@user_1c0c72 Hello and thank you for your post!

@ThatDonGuy, thank you for those callouts!

As a service provider, we broadcast the programs provided by the networks and do not have the ability to adjust the provided content to HD or SD. 

I would be happy to take a look at your account and channel lineup to see if PAC-12 is offered in HD possibly on a channel that you haven't discovered yet. 

For further assistance, please send a private message with your first and last name, as well as complete service address to "Xfinity Support". To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

1. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  2. Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  3. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  4. Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  5. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  6. Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here