A

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, January 5th, 2023 12:34 AM

Closed

Why are tv shows comvined/ This fills up my DVR quick

I watch the show Moonshiners and Gold Rush and do so on my DVR because I can't watch them live. Those shows also have a spin-off with the title. Moonshiners and Moonhiners contestant show air back to back, but on the guide it's shown as 1 show. This causes the DVR two record 2 hours instead of the 1. This happens on Gold Rush too, it records Gold Rush and the Gold Rush White water.

I do not watch the spinoffs so I don't need them recorded and definitely don't need them DVRed.

how can I fix this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_0df70f! Have you checked the Scheduled recordings menu to edit what is recorded? You can press the Xfinity Button on your X1 Remote and scroll over to the Saved menu. Click on and review your scheduled recordings. You can select the recordings you don't want and delete all future episodes. 

Problem Solver

• 

746 Messages

2 years ago

If it's showing on the guide as one show, then there's nothing you can do about it except maybe complain to the company that supplies the guide to Comcast. Usually when it happens this way, Discovery Channel is submitting the information that way intentionally; you can try going to them as well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here