MikeyDoesntLike's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 30, 2020 12:00 PM

Why are recordings held to scheduled time instead of actual broadcast time?

Why do you continually cutoff F1, and other racing events, at the end of it's scheduled time even when ESPN is still broadcasting coverage?  It has happened many times over these past few seasons and was especially egregious in yesterdays coverage after two major accidents, one of them potentially horrific, caused the race to be temporarily red flagged while the burned out vehicle was removed and the heavily damaged armco was replaced.  By the time the recording stopped the race had only just restarted after the second accident and there was still half the race yet to run.   It is pretty pathetic that you cannot track a specific broadcast and tell that it is still running in order to override a set recording time.  FFS, I didn't even set the recording times, you did.   It's not rocket science guys, I know because I work with rocket scientists and your systems are trivial by comparison.

Responses

studolgon

Valued Contributor

• 

378 Messages

6 m ago

Why do you continually cutoff F1, and other racing events, at the end of it's scheduled time even when ESPN is still broadcasting coverage?  It has happened many times over these past few seasons and was especially egregious in yesterdays coverage after two major accidents, one of them potentially horrific, caused the race to be temporarily red flagged while the burned out vehicle was removed and the heavily damaged armco was replaced.  By the time the recording stopped the race had only just restarted after the second accident and there was still half the race yet to run.   It is pretty pathetic that you cannot track a specific broadcast and tell that it is still running in order to override a set recording time.  FFS, I didn't even set the recording times, you did.   It's not rocket science guys, I know because I work with rocket scientists and your systems are trivial by comparison.

Comcast doesn't cut off the telecast. You set up the DVR for the length of the telecast (not broadcast, as ESPN is not a broadcast network) as scheduled by ESPN and indicated in the guide. I learned years ago that when I wanted to set a recording for a sports event that does not provide the feature to extend the recording automatically, like MLB and NFL, I make sure to extend the scheduled recording myself, in advance. Ask you rocket scientist friends how to do it. It's easy. For instance, if I want to record an early morning ski race on Olympic Channel I purposely add an extra hour in case the race is delayed by foggy conditions on an injured skier.

New to the Community?

Start Here