Wlan_Guy's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Monday, September 30th, 2024 11:40 PM

When is Comcast going to address the Elephant in the room?.

With the loss of NBC sports Chicago channels moving to chsn and no plans to carry, and no credit to be issued for the loss of these channels, one would assume that you aren't interested in having Blackhawks bulls and White Sox fans use your service. If I have to move to another service to get this then I may reconsider my cable choices. Are you listening Comcast / Xfinity?

Official Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

13 days ago

Greetings, Wlan_Guy! Thank you for reaching out with your interest in being able to watch the Chicago teams. We definitely understand that you want to be able to watch the games. 

NBC Sports Chicago notified Comcast and others that it’s ceasing operations on September 30, 2024. This decision is outside of Comcast’s control and was solely made by NBC Sports Chicago. We're always working to bring you the best and widest variety of programming possible, which is why we regularly review networks based on our customers’ interests. We don’t publicly share information about discussions we could be having about carrying a channel.

I will definitely submit your feedback to our Channel Lineup team that you would like to see CHSN added so you can get the games. 

2 Messages

@XfinityRay​ Then tell me why is it that Astound (formerly WOW cable) in our area, has CHSN.  Comcast is [Edited: "Language"] its customers.  Stop lying.  Comcast is asking for too much money.  Looks like Astound is in my future

(edited)

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityRay​ if Xfinity is not carrying the Blackhawks in time for the regular season, then I will expect a credit against the regional sports fee. It looks to me like three out of the four major sports teams will not be covered under this plan. I don't think minor league games or soccer apply here since they aren't on a specific channel or they are carried on and over the air channel. 

1 Message

Unfortunately I am "all in" on  Comcast with: 2 two cell phones, home phone, home internet, home TV I cannot afford to add another service just to get the Bulls even though the Cubs, Bulls, and new are about the only thing I watch of the Comcast channel selection there are too many selection of no interest at least they could carry the major sports teams in my area. It is not likely I will drop Comcast just to watch the Bulls but really I should not be forced into that position. 

Contributor

• 

89 Messages

15 days ago

I don’t think they’re interested at all or they would have signed a deal by now.

2 Messages

@hwkn​ ya...it's pretty ridiculous

1 Message

It’s the Blackhawk’s and that network .. NO cable providers have it as I hear

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Direct TV has it. If Xfinity/Comcast doesn’t want to carry it I may switch to Direct Tv

1 Message

14 days ago

Same. I’ll switch my provider for Bulls and Sox games alone. This is ridiculous 

4 Messages

13 days ago

Direct tv is where I am heading I have had Comcast 30 years just lost a customer 

3 Messages

13 days ago

Hey, Get off your [Edited: "Language"] and do something !!! Ether get my bull, blackhawks, and sox on, or You will find a very large amount of people leaving your service. If you don't believe this, then I feel sorry for you !!!!!!!!!   [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

13 days ago

I have kept (and intend to keep) my Xfinity TV.

But, one of the main reason I keep it is for the live sports broadcasts!

Xfinity needs to work out a deal to carry CHSN, and also renew the Marquee deal.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 days ago

It will be no problem for me to switch companies. What is comcast's issue with carrying chsn? Oh I know...they want to charge us more money. Ridiculous!!

11 days ago

If there is no CHSN on Xfinity by October 7th, bye Xfinity!!  This is absurd!  Get the deal done!  

4 Messages

11 days ago

Please get Chicago sports network on the Xfinity channel lineup soon. I have stayed with Xfinity for many years and not being able to see bulls hawks and sox games may finally be the final nail in the coffin for me not continuing  subscribing with your expensive and inconvenient services. 

[Edited: "All Caps"]

(edited)

3 Messages

10 days ago

I here all of you !!! I have had comcast for 40 years, not to carry our teams would put me over the edge to drop comcast for sure !!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 days ago

Honestly. This might be the final straw.  They wait until the season begins and don’t care if we miss preseason games.   I’m ready to get rid of xfinity for there greed on not getting it done before season starts.  
it happened with marquee and now it’s happening again. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 days ago

apparently 1 million customers don't mean a lot to comcast 

Contributor

• 

89 Messages

8 days ago

Xfinity has plans to carry it but only when it suits them to do so.(aka when it’s on the highest level of service)

2 Messages

they wonder why people are cutting cable they dont listen to customers

1 Message

8 days ago

I agree with everyone else. Xfinity needs to make a deal with CHSN quickly. I knew there wouldn't be a deal before the deadline and tomorrow night the Blackhawks play and I want to see them. I'm really considering switching to another provider and I know I'm not alone. Is it worth it to lose so many customers? 

Contributor

• 

88 Messages

You won’t have a problem watching tomorrow night—CHI/UTAH is an ESPN game.  First CHSN game is Friday.

7 Messages

8 days ago

Xfinity does not [Edited: "Language"] about its customers 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here