U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 19th, 2022 3:10 AM

Closed

When I try to open Paramount+ app 4 out 5 times I get error code apps 04036. What gives?

When I try to open Paramount+ app 4 out 5 times I get error code apps 04036. What gives?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

@ user_3fed4e - It's important to us that you're able enjoy your shows and we appricaite the chance to help! We'll ask a few questions and offer some suggestions that may help. Common Fixes to a 3rd party app not Working is to check your Account Details (for paramount +), Check for any Software Updates on your device, Update the Paramount Plus app, Hard Reset your device. I hope this info helps! 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ I've done all of the above on the X1 platform....still no luck...

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for sharing those details, and confirming that this issue is isolated to that TV box. You can stream Paramount+ on your Xfinity device. To quickly cross-reference the supported models:
X1
-XG2v2-S
-XG2v2-P
-Xi3
-XG1v3
-XG1v4
-XiD-
-Xi5
-Xi6
-XiOne

Flex
-Xi5
-Xi6
-XiOne

Is your TV box model listed? I appreciate you being our eyes on ears on the other side, so we can get this sorted out. Alrighty, there are two ways to sign in for Paramount+. Once you have added the Paramount+ app on your device:

1) On your TV

Go to Settings > Sign In.
Select On my TV.
Enter the email address and password you used when subscribing to Paramount+ and select Sign In. 

2) On your device

Launch the Paramount+ app, then select Sign In.
Select On the Web.
You’ll be presented with a website and a code. Make a note of this code—you’ll need it for the next step.
Visit paramountplus.com/xfinity on your computer or mobile device, enter your activation code, and select "Activate". If you’re not signed in to Paramount+ on your computer, you’ll need to do so first. 
Your screen will refresh, and you can start streaming on your device.

Can you walk me through the steps you're taking and where this error code populates along the way? Also, have you tried using the Xfinity My Account app to troubleshoot your TV Box? I suggest choosing a System Refresh, if you had not done so already. A refresh can take up to 20 minutes and fix errors and problems with missing channels, On Demand, DVR, and more. Please let me know if this info helps.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

Oh no! Is this issue isolated to the Paramount + app? Have you tried using another device? What do are you experincing when logging into your Paramount + account online rather than using the app?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

No issues from phone, tablet etc.  Only on cable box

Contributor

• 

619 Messages

2 years ago

Isn't it obvious that this is a nationwide problem?  Google Paramount + error 04036 and you will see well over 100 posts going back a year.

Just  had a tech out and there was nothing he could do to fix this.  This is NOT an individual problem! Please contact your engineering dept. and

fix this.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hi there @tbill1, we would love to take a further look into this for you! 

To get started, and to locate the account, please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address. Thanks!

To send a "Direct Message" message:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

619 Messages

@XfinityDevinC​ Hi,  Please reread my post.  I had a tech, one of your best , at my home

yesterday and he said there was nothing he could do.  I have done a system refresh advised by one of your reps

on this board and it fixed it for 3 days and then reverted back to error 04036.  I shouldn't  have to do a 15 minute refresh

every couple of days. Someone at Xfinity must be responsible for these apps. They should be made aware.

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

@tbill1 I certainly understand there, and we would like to look into this further for you. In order to do so we would need to gather the information on an account-by-account basis and get it to the right department, if needed.  We would need you to gather your account information, which is why we asked you to send us a message. Once we get there, we can see what steps were previously taken, and take it from there so that you are not repeating steps.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here