R

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 7th, 2022 4:44 PM

Closed

What is the cost to upgrade my X1 DVR to 4K?

I have a Sony Bravia Television that can output 4K video if provided, however, the only 4K I am able to receive is from internet broadcasts. I have been receiving commercials from Comcast regarding the Winter Olympics in 4K, but my X1 DVR cable box is not capable of transmitting those broadcast signals. How can I rectify this situation?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for reaching out today! I understand how important your services are to you and to get them in 4K (especially with a 4K TV.) 4K UHD and 4K UHD/HDR viewing is currently available to Xfinity X1 customers. You can use your X1 Voice Remote to say '4K' or search '4K' to be taken to the Experience 4K UHD on X1 landing page that displays all 4K viewing options.  Customers with a non-4K TV Box will either receive an on-screen message saying they don't have a 4K compatible TV Box, or it will downscale to HD depending on the 4K program. Do you get this message on screen? 

If you would like to swap out the current box for a 4K box you can visit a local service center to swap the box for free. If you are needing any assistance in locating a service center you can follow this link: https://comca.st/3gxkrlN to locate one near you! I can also help you with ordering a 4K box and shipping it to you which may have a shipping and handling cost. I do see that you already sent a message therefore if you would like to have a box sent to your home please let me know! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here