U

Tuesday, June 18th, 2024 3:43 PM

Weather channel

Hi! The weather channel today is just color bars. Same with the hd weather channel.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

Greetings, @user_0lt6di! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the Weather Channel, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

If you are seeing the SMPTE test pattern or chroma color bars on a channel, it usually means the feed is not available. This may be an issue the programmers are aware of, or the channel providers could be changing to a new feed in your area. This sort of thing is usually temporary, but if it is still happening after a few days, please let us know, and we'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

1 Message

today is 6/23. The Weather Channel is down 2 days now in Boynton Beach (only colored bars). Can't believe there is no reason posted on internet

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_94gxhj I am sorry to hear the Weather channel is having issue with their feed. Is this still happening for you at this time?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I'm having the same issue here in Boca Raton. The solution offered is to send a technician to my house. It's hard to think this is an issue on my end.

2 Messages

I am having the same problem in Delray Beach!

Same issue now for days in Delray Beach, Fl.

1 Message

Please repair the Weather Channel ASAP

2 Messages

I did live chat last night forever and he did alot of work on his end— involved me shutting down cable boxes while he sent info to boxes among many other things. I did not believe he was going to be of any help. But I just did what the online chat representative said to do.  After a long time of him doing things on his end and me telling it still isn’t working …he said that it could take up to 2 hours for it to start working.  And that if it didn’t then when they called in the morning to set up an appt for someone to come.  Well I woke up this morning and my weather channel Is now working!! I can’t believe it! 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@sandzbar Sorry to hear about the trouble with The Weather Channel. We would suggest unplugging and restarting your cable box. If this doesn't work, please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Everyone is still having issues with their WEATHER CHANNEL and I've read all the post and responses and it seems like you guys don't even know yourselves what's going on. You keep giving the same responses on what to do to solve the issue and it's still not working for anyone and they keep telling you this. PLEASE FIND SOMEONE OR TECHNICIAN TO RESOLVE EVERYONES PROBLEM WITH THE CHANNEL AND GIVE EVERYONE A DISCOUNT FOR NOT HAVING THE CHANNEL THEY PAY FOR!!!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same here. Sound keeps going on & off.  Rest of Comcast channels ok. Weather Channel has been doing this for months. Terrible. 

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

Good Evening user_2f7d53 is this issue still going on? What sort of self-troubleshooting have you done up to this point? Is this happening on all cable boxes? We have some great articles that may help. 

X1 System Refresh Overview

Fix Your Internet Connection Using the Xfinity My Account App

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here