Tiger150123's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 11:13 PM

Weather Channel Xfinity Stream glitch

I have Xfinity stream on multiple TVs. The weather channel is the only channel that freezes every 30-45 seconds. After about 15-30 seconds the channel works again. I checked all my tv’s and multiple mobile devices. All have the same issue. I have deleted and reinstalled the app with no success. This has been the case since we signed up about 10 months ago. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Responses

Official Employee

• 

397 Messages

2 m ago

Hi, @Tiger150123. Are you noticing any other slow speeds, or connection issues? I ask since it may be buffering due to the internet rather than just the channel on the stream app. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityChristina     This has been an issue with the Weather Channel for at least the last three or four years. I ditched the box and stream directly from the app I've installed on both Samsung and LG TV's.  Even when I was accessing Xfinity from the box before we turned it in, it was an issue. It is not in the line. Speed is more than adequate. Wi-Fi is strong. It doesn't matter if I'm on my computer watching while my husband is watching something else on  our mainTV. It doesn't matter if phones, computer, and TVs are in use, or if everything but one TV is off and only the TV is using data. Neighbor down the road has the same issue. Might be your satellite feed or local connections in some way to the Weather Channel.

(edited)

This reply has been converted into a post

New to the Community?

Start Here