U

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 6:23 PM

Weather Channel Showing Wrong Local City

On June 18, 2024, The Weather Channel (58) started showing that my city is “Okeechobee” instead “Stuart, FL”, on all three (3) tv's, as it has for eleven years.  Nothing changed to my cable setup except this.  When the weather does local weather on the 8’s, it shows your local weather, but is not reflecting my accurate local cities in Martin County.  How do I get it back to Stuart?  I contacted Customer Service numerous times, reset the cable box at least ten (10) times, and even opened a Support Ticket, but an Xfinity representative has not yet responded, nor is this issue resolved!  Please HELP!  

1 Message

3 months ago

Yes, same with my Xfinity Weather Channel.  It's showing Vero Beach rather than Stuart. Thanks for raising the issue.  

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

user_yrrmfz Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for your detailed post and for joining us here on the Xfinity Forums, user_ufqym7. The Weather app on Xfinity X1 allows you to view local weather and extended forecasts. The Weather app will default to the town where you receive your Xfinity services, and you can add additional locations to customize your Weather app experience. Let's try checking and deleting if applicable any addiontal location from the X1 weather app.
To delete a weather location:
Press the Xfinity button on your remote control.
Using the right arrow button, highlight Apps. Press the OK button.
Using the down arrow and right arrow buttons, highlight the Weather app. Press OK.
Use the right arrow button to highlight View My Locations and press OK.
Press the down arrow button to highlight the location to be removed. Use the right arrow button to highlight the X icon, then press OK. The location will be deleted and the current weather for your home location will be displayed.

3 Messages

Thank you for the directions; however, our remotes do not have an Xfinity button, nor any App icon.  I tried the following, but did not have the option to change location:

>Press Menu on Xfinity remote
>Arrow over to Menu and select

>Scroll down and select Local Weather

>Local Weather displays, but there is no location option

Please Help! 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Could you please identify the remote you have in your home for us? Here is a great link that shows our whole family of remotes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

We are having same issue. Xfinity said to contact the weather channel at feedback@weather.com.  Did so but no response (only 2 hrs ago). Hopefully we will have response tomorrow. 

1 Message

2 months ago

I cannot receive my local forecast on the 8’s or at the bottom of the screen. Just national forecast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here