U

1 Message

Thursday, July 20th, 2023 6:29 PM

Upgrade from free Xfinity Peacock Premium plan

Hi,

I’m enrolled in the free Peacock Premium account Xfinity offer. I previously paid for a Peacock Premium+ no ads plan, but switched to Xfinitys free offer. I HATE having ads again as they are always such long breaks. I want to upgrade back to paying for a plan with no ads, but cannot find where to do this ANYWHERE. Peacock tells me to go to Xfinity to manage my account/plan and Xfinity tells me to go to Peacock to manage my plan OR do it on my Xfinity streaming flex box (which I don’t have a streaming flex box. I have a Samsung smart tv that streams my Xfinity services directly.) This is maddening trying to figure out! Please help me lol!!

How do I upgrade from the free Peacock premium plan (through Xfinity) to a Peacock premium+ no ads plan?

Thank you so much!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @user_96439a, other users, and readers. Thank you for your detailed post, and for being a valued Xfinity customer. I know what you mean about the ads and I feel that same way too. There has been an update to the Peacock Premium promotional offer and upgrading to Peacock Premium Plus.

If you receive Peacock Premium through one of the promotions outlined here (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-premium-offers) (as a NOW TV, Gigabit Internet or Xfinity Rewards Diamond or Platinum customer), you can now upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus from your online account at xfinity.com/account. Note that a subscription to Peacock Premium Plus must be purchased at the full retail cost ($11.99/month).

If you purchased Peacock Premium through the Peacock app on X1, Xumo Stream Box or Flex (not using a promotion), you can upgrade your Peacock subscription to Peacock Premium Plus through your TV Box. Learn how to manage your Peacock subscription from your TV Box here (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-manage-subscription). 

Updated 03 - 01 - 24
Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityThomasA​ This is utterly unacceptable. Xfinity needs to get this issue fixed. There are many of us that utilized the included subscription from xfinity for years and added the no ads option. You need to funnel this up as high as you can. we want the option back. I have ben a Comcast/Xfinity customer for nearly 30 years and this is one of the worst changes they have ever made.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ I understand that there seem to be quite a few complications that were caused by the changes and resolving those other problems might be higher priority, but can you tell me if there are plans to re-enable the option to upgrade to ad-free?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Things are always changing @sraym5 there has not been any updates on moving to providing ad-free. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ this is absolutely ridiculous. How can I CANCEL it now? This is NOT like it was before and total garbage. 

6 Messages

Xfinity lied to me that this was an ads free account & now forcing me to keep it. I just want it removed completely so I can go straight through Peacock. I believe Xfinity is getting compensation through Peacock for our accounts so they won’t remove them. This is wrong & illegal.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

9 months ago

How do I upgrade to Premium Plus (Ad-Free)? - just learning that I can't since I was awarded FREE Peacock for being a GIG internet subscriber - now I just want to delete Peacock because I do not want to watch it with ads

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello, @user_96439a. If you choose to purchase Peacock Premium through the Peacock app on X1 or Flex, you can Manage Your Peacock Subscription on Xfinity for upgrade (Ad-Free) instructions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

9 months ago

our FREE OFFER for Peacock for paying HIGHER FEES for Internet Service clearly seems to a new revenue stream forcing us to watch commercials - If XFINITY really cared about customers they would allow up to pay the $6 each month for Premium Plus (Ad-Free) 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

9 months ago

I just got off the phone with tech support and was told the same thing. I love how they have documentation that makes it sound like there is an upgrade path but it's not really true. I'm all for making a profit but all this shrinkflation is driving me crazy.

Official Employee

• 

549 Messages

@Tlinc Here is a link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs that will help with any questions you might have about the Peacock changes. 

4 Messages

Why does it say this whenever it is not possible???

Can I upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus if I receive Peacock Premium from Xfinity?

If you purchased Peacock Premium through the Peacock app on X1 or Flex, see Manage Your Peacock Subscription on Xfinity for upgrade instructions.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@zangler if the directions are not working for you, one work around I have seen is to change the email on the free account and then visit https://www.peacocktv.com/ to create a new account for ad-free subscription with your preferred email address. This way you would still have access to your free account if you do decide to cancel the paid subscription in the future.  

2 Messages

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Comcast / Xfinity always makes things harder. Why not just allow ups to pay the $6 extra. I came to this forum to find answers, and the only answer I've found is [Edited: "Language"] the customer.

I regret using Xfinity.

(edited)

6 Messages

@XfinityDena​ Xfinity gets compensated for signing people up through Peacock so they are forcing their clients to keep it.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Unreal. I just tried to continue watching killing it and when the ads came in, looked to upgrade to ad free and see it is not possible. So, I’ll not see the show, and stop watching peacock. Way to lose out on the revenue add-on. [Edited: "Language"]. 

(edited)

1 Message

8 months ago

Agreed that this is ridiculous.  I am trying to give you more money for an upgraded service and the work around is to create a new account and pay full price?   Get out of here.  [Edited: "Inflammatory"] crazy amount of ads.  I was actually going to consider it if I just had to pay another $5-$6 month extra to get rid of ads, but zero chance I’ll ever pay full price for that.  Please fix this.  

(I pay for internet only and have zero xfinity hardware)

(edited)

2 Messages

8 months ago

Based on these posts Xfinity sure knows how to win over their loyal customers. 

1 Message

8 months ago

What makes no sense is that I definitely remember us having the option to upgrade to ad free for only like 6 dollars awhile back and we didn't need any hardware then but now unless we have the x1 hardware we can't upgrade now and gotta pay full price. Something tells me people from higher up got tired of losing out on the extra money that they stopped the discounted ad free plans for us.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for your comment, @RSW01. As mentioned by my peer above, with the recent Peacock subscription changes if you receive Peacock Premium through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet, or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus (ad-free) through Xfinity at this time. However, If you choose to purchase Peacock Premium separately through the Peacock App on X1 or Flex, you can Manage Your Peacock Subscription and upgrade to an (Ad-Free) version that way. I hope this helps clarify. 

1 Message

So our free Peacock Premium which used to be free and now the price is $5.99 which used to be ad free is now not.  I ABSOLUTELY HATE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@XfinityDilary​ thanks for clarifying that your [Edited: "Inflammatory"] ill be looking for a new internet provider soon that does not [Edited: "Language"]  its customers

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, @SteelyMaverick. Is there anything specific we can help with? We'd like to assist with any service concerns. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I almost could not believe I was reading Xfinity's explanations/email responses correctly.   Just fell for the "get Peacock Premium on us" free for two years (mistakenly thinking it was the ad-free version of Peacock <--- that's on me)...went through the various iterations to get it set up (buggy to say the least - both the Xfinity app/site and the Peacock as well) -- just to find out that there ARE ads, but then figured there was almost certainly a way to upgrade through some sort of discounted deal (Xfinity picking up the $5.99 and me throwing in the remainder to pay for the difference for the premium-plus) and couldn't figure out how to sign up.  SURELY Peacock would prefer that they get those upgrade dollars.   And SURELY Xfinity could figure out a rev-share sort of deal where they'd get a commission for each upgrade from Peacock....but no.   Apparently not!   Talk about leaving money on the table for ALL parties involved AND irritating your collective customer thrown in for good measure.  [Edited: "Language"] to say the least.  

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there, @user_3be1b9, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding our Peacock Premium promotion. I will definitely make sure your feedback is provided. If you’d like to have Peacock Premium Plus, you can redeem a limited offer from Peacock. To redeem this, you’ll need to contact Peacock Customer Support directly. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

2 Messages

Xfinity, did you use your peacock link? It's useless. I'm very sad Xfinity is the only gig internet in my neighborhood. I am jealous of friends who have choices. Xfinity, you own peacock, why not give all Xfinity users ad-free peacock? Why play games? Why force us to use boxes? 

(edited)

3 Messages

7 months ago

I used to think that xfinity [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. Now I realize that really they will just do everything they can to [Edited: "Inflammatory"]. We are literally trying to give you extra money and the answer is no. Absolutely [Edited: "Language"] backwards as always. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_9npq2e​ I totally agree - we just dropped all our tv services from XFINITY, got the flex box which is nice but it's missing a few apps that were on the X1 box

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We are always evaluating what apps are offered so there is hope it may be added in the future, @Buddy_SF0. This link shows Xfinity Flex Free apps and this link shows Xfinity Flex Paid apps. As new apps are added, the lists at these links will also be updated. 

3 Messages

7 months ago

So let me get this right.... If you received free Peacock through the gigabit subscription, there is no way to upgrade to ad free except to create a new account and pay full price? Is this for real? I just bricked my peacock account for ads?

This whole free Peacock perk has been an absolute clown show. Wish I never signed up for it and going to be canceling all Comcast services. Lots of internet options available in my area so no need to put up with this terrible customer service.

Official Employee

• 

943 Messages

@girltoy265 Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately there is no upgrade path from the Peacock Premium offer from Xfinity to Peacock Premium Plus at this time. 

4 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ just let us cancel with our email addresses that we used then! This is POINTLESS!

1 Message

7 months ago

This is ridiculous. I dont even know where to being with this. I am a platinum member, l have gigabit service , a TV plan as home security but no boxes as I can stream via my Roku tvs and you are tell me I have to pay $20 more a month to get a flex box. to upgrade my Peacock to Premium plus. I am going to be looking into ATT. 

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@Gbates053975​ Flex box should be FREE but they charge a one-time activation fee of $15 however it won't get you Peacock with no ads.

We also are gigabit, home security & mobile customers, however nothing will give us the option of getting Peacock ads free unless they somehow start caring about thier loyal customer base. 

2 Messages

@Buddy_SF0​ I'm dealing with the same thing right now. Xfinity support on Twitter promised that I would be able to manage Peacock Premium and upgrade to Plus if I got the Flex box, but I just got it and it's not possible. I'm going to ask for a refund on the $15 and send it back. Beyond frustrated. Both companies are owned by Comcast, yet they completely messed this up and haven't done anything to fix it after a year. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there, @ArtemR. You can watch Peacock on Xfinity Flex but there is no path at this time to upgrade the free Peacock Subscription to Peacock Premium Plus without ads. The Xfinity Flex service offers great features with 15,000 hours of free content included. If you would like to further discuss the activation cost or remove the service our team is able to help.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

2 Messages

Why can't we get a clean upgrade opportunity? Why can't it be customer friendly?

T-Mobile allows user to choose the upgrade level on their Netflix, they pay a certain rate and I pay $5 extra to upgrade to premium.  Why can't Xfinity and Peacock do the same for their customers??

4 Messages

@XfinityRay​ so...this will let us cancel the garbage offer so that we can have our accounts back on our original email?

1 Message

6 months ago

The fact is peacock and Xfinity (actually Comcast) is all under the same conglomerate. Owned by the same same people [Edited: "Inflammatory"] and they only want more money. [Edited: "Inflammatory"].  If you recall peacock launched as a “free” streaming app with all the celebrities vouching for it. Which was all just a gimmick to get enough eyes and marketing until they were able to take shows that we all watch like Friends (which was perfectly fine on Netflix) and etc and make them exclusively and only viewable in peacock. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

1 Message

4 months ago

So I just ordered a Xumo box to find out that there's no upgrade path to Peacock Premium Plus.  Like others have said, this is ridiculous.  When you say "no path at this time", does that mean Comcast is actually working on a path?  So far Xfinity rewards [Edited: "Inflammatory"], since I can't stomach watching Peacock with the ridiculous number of ads.

(edited)

3 Messages

@user_7e30k5​ when any company but especially Comcast says not at this time and does not provide any type of timeline, it means we hear you and we see you [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_7e30k5. Thank you for reaching out. If you get Peacock free as part of your service, you won't see the option to upgrade from this profile. You can, however, create a separate profile with a new email if you want to purchase Peacock Premium Plus. I know the extra step isn't ideal, but it will ensure you can get the version you want. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

This is a complete joke, premium through Comcast, can't upgrade to plus 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for posting on our community forums, @user_2c9408. I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Unfortunately, If you get Peacock free as part of your service, you won't see the option to upgrade from this profile. However, you have the option of purchasing Peacock Premium Plus through the Peacock website. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Let me get this straight: is there no way to cancel? I have to create a NEW ACCOUNT??

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_13bf3a. I hope you are well. If you want to upgrade to that ad-free version, you must create a new profile. This can change in the future as we have had a few request to upgrade, but this would be the best route at this time. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hate peacock with ads…thought we getting a streaming service for free no ads….signed with Xfinity for a year…may leave when the year is over…

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here