Friday, July 5th, 2024 6:53 PM

unwanted ASL

How to get rid of ASL on HBO MAX movies

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

3 months ago

I spent hours trying to get rid of a10 inch guy signing on my TV screen during HBO MAX movie Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire. I finally got help from MAX tech. Xfinity was no help. First go to MAX, then search for the movie title, Godzilla x Kong The New Empire. When the movie pops up, it will have a line, Watch Now, and a few other options to the right of it. See Versions, and click on it. A version with ASL will be displayed. you can click on it, but do not select it. IT should then allow you to see the regular version without the signing guy on the screen. When I want to watch the movie yesterday, Xfinity defaulted to that ALS version. I didn't choose it, and Xfinity couldn't tell me how to get rid of it. Like I said, it was distracting enough to make me turn off the movie, and seek help.It took lots of calls. HBO MAX tech finally got my issue. None of my other channels, or movies on HBO ever did this. I am not deaf. The guy was attractive, but big and distracting from the movie. He even signed during the roars.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Poor execution of good intended idea. There needs to be more communication on how to get around this. I figured it out but it ruined the first hour of the movie. 

1 Message

@3on4off​ 

Hello, how did you end up fixing it?

2 Messages

@Bluzbunny​ what is solution!?

2 Messages

Ah i see. It’s weird that it defaults to the ASL version. You have to go to Apps, HBO, find movie that way. The Versions does show ASL- don't click on that. Just click on Play Now on the default movie that loads. Very strange

5 Messages

@Bluzbunny​  thank you all! Was able to play version without the A SL. Was wondering what was going on lol

1 Message

3 months ago

This is the dumbest thing I’ve seen a streaming service do in a long time. 

1 Message

3 months ago

This dumb we wait how long for the movie to come out and you go and do something [Edit: Language] 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

While I am going to assume that this was either an error on someone’s part or a deliberate good intention of inclusivity, it was not welcomed by the majority and needs to be addressed. 
Offer an ASL version, which might be more welcome then SAP, but I am sure they won’t mind the extra steps and are probably used to it. So say the ones that I know and discussed this with. 
Default, however, should be standard , not ASL or SAP. IMHO

1 Message

3 months ago

Since it’s easy enough to turn on CC, isn’t it kinda dumb to default to ASL? 

1 Message

3 months ago

Omg who did this?!? …and why … I feel like the anger emotion on inside out - [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here