jzken's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 13th, 2023 4:26 AM

Closed

Tv Station

Station KTLN 25 in the San Francisco Bay Area is showing Vietnam Programing tonight - Sept 12, 2023. The station usually shows a series of Star Trek Shows. Something is not right with the station.

Thanks.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Yep, 

Experiencing the same thing in the south bay.  I and some of my neighnbors are seeing vietnamese shows on 25/698 HD.  I called Comcast and they were not sure what i was even talking about.  They assured me they did not move the station to another channel.  They escalated it to Tech supoort and i was having a hard time getting them to understand the problem as well. The agent also confirmed that the station was not moved to another channel.  They said it must be some kind of glitch and said they would reset my boxes. I told them it is a problem in the area and not just with me.  They told me there was no outage in the area.  The agent said they will investigate.  Someone had to have changed the programming IMO.  But who knows.  I sent an email to KTLN and notified them of the situation.  Hopefully they will read the email and contact Comcast to find out why their station is not showing on the Comcast channels it is supposed to be showing on.  

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_0156bf We appreciate your time in letting us know that channel 25/698 HD isn't showing the correct programming. I'd like to look into this further with you to see how we can assist. Please send a DM to us at Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Channels 25/698 are now showing the correct KTLN H&I programming.  Not sure what the problem was yesterday. Some weird glitch I guess.  Does not help us customers when the regular phone support and the escalation to tech support have a miscommunication and the wrong ticket gets generated, which is what happened to me last night. I spent more than twenty minutes on the phone with the first agent.  He seemed to understand the situation. He escalated it to tech support and they did not know what I was talking about when they called me.  They thought my issue was a black screen or something, not the stations showing incorrect programming. I then had to explain the situation all over again until they finally got it. 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

That is fantastic to hear! I'm happy to hear that your programming is back to normal. Thank you again for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. Have a fantastic rest of your day!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey, @jzken! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear that the regular scheduled programming was not being played. Has everything returned to normal since or is it still showing incorrect content?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here