Jeffrey.c1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, November 6th, 2021 2:56 AM

Closed

Turner Classic Movies

I can't see that TCM is offered at all on Xfinity......it moved from basic to "more entertainment & sports" in 2019, but my current listing of channels (everything is listed, but I don't get them all) and TCM is not in that list anywhere.

What happened? Where is it?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hello there @Jeffrey.c1! Thank you so much for reaching out for help with TCM! Turner Classic Movie channel is still part of our lineup options and is included in our More Sports and Entertainment package! 

You can take a look here at this page for more details and information on what is included as well as the option to add to your account! https://comca.st/3bSP2b3

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

That's not an option most customers want. We already have an abundance of channels that nobody watches. Of the over 200 channels (and your solution is to add more) we watch about four or five. The exact reason people cut the cord. That and the price.

Cable companies don't offer true ala cart options and never will. And because you don't, people are leaving the platform. The net result of that is increased cost of internet and bundles packages from the likes of Paramount, Disney and Comcast.

We'll evaluate what we have in the contract time left and probably cancel the cable subscription.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@Jeffrey.carlson1

I understand where you are coming from. Every contract includes a certain package of channels and services at a fixed price for the stated period of time, during the term of the contract, specific channels may be added, changed, or removed for a variety of reasons, including the launch of popular new channels or changes in the popularity of existing channels. We notify customers in advance of all channel changes via bill messaging.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Jeffrey.carlson1 

I just through the whole rig-a-ma-roll to try to add TCM to our account, including a frustrating amount of time call Xfinity in an attempt to get a live, immediate answer. Total time spent on this 45 minutes! I agree with you completely - it is ridiculous the $$ we are paying for what little we actually want. Thinking about cutting the service also. 

Expert

• 

30.6K Messages

@user_e00853 were you trying to add just TCM? You cannot add just one channel. You would have to subscribe to the Sports and Entertainment package at $9.99 per month in order to get TCM.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

That’s the problem! Already have over 200 channels of which we watch about 10. Don’t want another bunch of useless channels. My contract is up - Seeking to cut cord 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @JoeMary01. Thank you for your feedback and comment here on the Xfinity Forums. I'm a customer too and I know it's important to subscribe to the channels you enjoy the most. We'd appreciate the chance to work with you to find a channel line-up option that fits your viewing needs. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Most programmers will not agree to make their channels available to our customers on an a la carte basis. Several independent and industry analyses have been consistent in their conclusions that pay-per-channel would increase prices for consumers, decrease choice, and reduce diversity in programming. Most studies by government agencies or private economists have shown that mandatory per channel pricing would cause consumers to pay more for less and would reduce program diversity. No one has made a serious and informed business or consumer case in favor of mandatory a la carte regulation. The current model used by cable and satellite providers to deliver a bundle of channels to consumers – and with some selective a la carte offerings that make sense – provides both the widest variety of content and the best value. By removing networks from a bundle that is available to tens of millions of customers, a pay-per-channel system would significantly reduce the advertising base of most basic networks on which they rely for revenue, making it an unrealistic model for saving consumers money.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am in a similar dilemma. I would like to get TCM, but I would also like to modify my whole package - possibly to have access to Netflix without paying yet another premium (it is included free in other packages). I have been considering cutting the cord completely and going with Internet only. XFinity was tolerable when the cost was at the introductory rate, but now I just got hit with another $30 increase with no additional benefit. I tried exploring my options online, but the XFinity/Comcast site only throws me into an endless loop or gives an error message that directs me to a robot. This is VERY frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_4325L5, thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team regarding the bill increase and your channel lineup inquiries. We will be more than happy to help! Please send a Direct Message with your full name and address so we can proceed. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here