U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 8th, 2022 12:36 AM

Closed

This channel is temporarily unavailable

Last 8 hours several cable channels are giving an error message this channel is temporarily unavailable 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This is a reoccurring issue have the past 90 days. The automated support line is frustrating when no options to chose when promoted to describe the issue. This forces me to choose a technical support option, reset the modem and cable box, wait now an hour for someone to call back. Not veing sarcastic, rather proactive solution Xfinity would have an preset message " If you are calling from report an error message this channel is temporarily unavailable"  press this # or similar more client friendly. I would find it almost impossible that Xfinity systems are not aware of the temporarily channels are not available and where is occurring. Just looking at the number of prior posts and times is not a one off, clear skies and neighbors also experience the exact issue is not a modem, set top box, dish or animals looking for an appetizer of cable wire lol! Another words current process is inefficient and more importantly not client friendly from a service standpoint buy also I did not see any service credits on the prior months this issue occurred. 

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

If you want, @user_86e8e2, I would be happy to take a look at what is going on there for you! I know not having access to your channels can be very frustrating and I am so sorry about that! You can send me a DM here following these directions:

To send a direct message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

If this is a PUBLIC forum, why are we talking about direct messages?

At any rate, we installed a new box yesterday and half the channels we usually watch are unavailable.
There are less today than yesterday, but still there are so many that I am reduced to watching TV on the Internet.

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hello there @user_d174d3! We invite customers into a DM so we can gather sensitive account information and to troubleshoot certain equipment specifically that we can not do via a public forum due to account safety guidelines.

We would love to look into your channel line up issues after a new box installation and would need to invite you to a DM for help. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

28 Messages

3 years ago

I had that same problem after we had a 3 hour local service outage - everything was out. After service came back my favorite channel was “temporarily unavailable” on tv (but it was available via streaming, hmmm). I fixed the problem by doing a System Refresh from the Xfinity My Account app:

Start the app and login, scroll down until you see the TV line, tap on that, scroll down until you see Troubleshooting and tap on that. At that point I was offered the choice to do a System Refresh (which it said was for unavailable channels among other things) or restart my DVR. After that my channel was back. I haven’t checked all of my channels.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@alawyn​  system restart and then system refresh did not work for me.

what did work was unplugging the cable box and then plugging it back in

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

902, 904, 905 and 907 show as unavailable in Princeton NJ. These are NYC CBS, NBC, FOX and ABC. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Aymesq​ 

try unplugging the cord from the wall and from the cable box itself. and plugging them back in.

that worked for me.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

i'm currently having the same issue. I've tried to restart, refresh the system, and i have unplugged the cabel box. Nothing has fixed the problem. Worked fine last night.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Jconaway1​ 

channel error again two days ago, tried my old tricks, did not work.

I got it working today, first I tried everything, refresh, restart, updated television operating system.

nothing worked

then I checked the back of the cable box again, loose connection on the far left hand side,

the side where the cable box lights up, hand tightened it & now my unavailable channel is working.

just a coincidence, maybe.  still working today

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there @mirror-one. I am sorry to hear you are getting error messages with your services. Can you tell me what errors you are getting with your services? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue. ABC, CBS and NBC. Works on my tv in bedroom but not on the tv in living room.  Unplugged, did a system sync, reboot. Now it is escalated.  This makes no sense.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here