U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 7:57 AM

The Weather Channel

I view the Weather Channel on Xfinity (Comcast) cable.  For the last three days, local weather updates (on the 8s) as well as on the crawl at the bottom of the screen, have not been appearing.  Instead, there just have been general updates for major cities in the nation.  I live in Robinson Twp., PA 15205, a suburb of Pittsburgh, and the local updates are for Bethel Park, PA and neighboring communities.  Please return the local updates.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

Not quite sure how it's done these days, but there used to be special servers that would process the national feed and add in the local data. They were supplied by The Weather Channel and placed in the local video feed. If there is an issue with that server, then it won't have the local data. It's more or less owned and controlled by TWC and probably up to them to get it working.

1 Message

2 months ago

I live in Jacksonville Florida, also using Comcast cable. Our real local on the 8s has been replaced by quick flashes of regional radars around the country. It is not LOCAL at all.  Bring back LOCAL on the 8s, Please!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_nyetno I’m really sorry to hear that you’re not receiving the local weather updates on The Weather Channel. That must be frustrating, especially when you rely on local information. To help us get this sorted out for you, could you provide a bit more detail?
  1. Are you experiencing this issue only with The Weather Channel, or are other channels affected as well?
  2. Have you tried restarting your cable box or performing a system refresh? Sometimes this can resolve display issues.

We want to make sure you get the local weather information you need.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

27 days ago

Same problem here in NJ. Getting major cities across the USA for days at a time then reverts to local for a few days and then for a few days returns to USA major cities. This is ridiculous as we depend on the local information especially given the constantly changing weater!!!

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hi there, user_65le2x! Thanks for reaching out about the Weather Channel. @Andyross is correct that network chooses what to air on their stations. A couple of things we can check to see if it helps and ensure this is not being caused by our system:

If you send a system refresh signal to the TV box, do you see the local weather? 

If you access The Weather Channel using the Xfinity Stream app instead of a TV box, do you see the local weather? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here