U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 5th, 2022 1:08 PM

Closed

The weather channel showing wrong area

I live in Northwest Indiana and have always seen our local weather on TWC. A couple days ago it was not working for like 15 hours. When it came back the HD channel is showing places in Illinois and the non HD is showing a city that's 30 miles away.  Neither are helpful.

Official Solution

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

2 years ago

@user_7bb525 Thank you again for working with our team here at the Xfinity Community Forums. I am glad we were able to get the correct location information showing on TWC for you with help from tickets to our advanced repair team. We're always here to help in the future!

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out to us, @user_7bb525. I definitely understand how this would be an inconvenience and it would be my pleasure to look into this further. Just to confirm, are you getting any error messages or error codes on your TV screen? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityLuis​ No error codes or messages at all. 

I just turn to TWC HD and it shows areas in Illinois and the non HD shows cities that are about 30 miles away. 

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Thank you for sharing these details with me. I want to make sure that no stone is left unturned, so I apologize if any of my questions seem to have obvious answers. With that said, do you have multiple Tv boxes? If so, are you getting the same issue on all Tv boxes? Also, have you tried accessing the channel on the Xfinity Stream app in order to see if the content is the same? 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Yes multiple boxes and it's the same on them all.

The app is showing only Illinois cities on the app. It doesn't show the other cities in Indiana that are 30 plus miles away. 

So far the only way I can see local weather on TWC is on the app I installed on my Roku.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

606 Messages

Thank you again for reaching out I would like to get your info to look into your account. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here