U

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 2:34 AM

Story television on channel 344

What happened to this channel has it been removed. I was watching it yesterday and today it’s not available. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 days ago

Just saw it was gone

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

very upset about losing Story Television on Xfinity

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@gsf1200s We appreciate your interest in the Story and Movies! channels. We provide messages on your statements about any upcoming changes to your programming. The content available is provided to us by the networks. The programming availability, pricing, and broadcast are subject to their discretion. I show in May a message went out on the statements that shows:  On June 25, 2024, KVOS-Story will be dropped from channels 344 and 1187 in your lineup. Also, on that date, KVOS-Movies! will be dropped from channels 343 and 1188 in your lineup.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 days ago

We noticed that too.  Was there any warning it would be removed?

3 Messages

No I saw nothing came home from work and the channel was missing. Luckily I had slme shows recorded from the day prior that was still there. 

1 Message

4 days ago

Also disappointed at the loss of this channel. I will be contacting Comcast.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 days ago

I can’t find 44.2  KFFV-DT2  MOVIES!, 44.3 KFFV-DT6  STORY, or the new channel 44.7 KFFV-DT7  METOON. How can Xfinity justify charging a Broadcast TV Fee then not including local broadcast channels in their channel lineup?

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

it’s gone! Can’t believe it. Called Xfinity. No explanation. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for reaching out about Movies! and Story, lburt! The channels have been removed from our lineup. I apologize as I know you liked to watch them. Bill messages went out on the May statement mentioning the change with that channel along with channel 343. The PDF or downloadable version of your statements found in the Xfinity app will show all billing details including messages with any upcoming changes. Check out our How it Works resource for some additional information on those kinds of agreements and how they can change. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

4 days ago

Xfinity: Snohomish County WA -missing channels: KVOS Movies and KVOS Story on channels 343 and 344, without warning they removed it.  - we should get a discount!

Official Employee

• 

419 Messages

3 days ago

@user_7jjfgn The network may have pulled it. We promise the amount of channels in the subscription, and always add on more in case networks stop a channel or remove it. What happens when you search for the channel with the Voice Remote? 

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

There is no longer a “Story Television” channel - gone, voice remote search or otherwise. 

Too bad. It was the favorite of many of your customers. What will it take to get it back?

3 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ 

When I did a voice  search only the History Channel would appear.

Official Employee

• 

355 Messages

@user_7jjfgn I am seeing some internal communications stating that messages went out on the May statement mentioning the change with that channel along with channel 343. Check out our How it Works resource for some additional information on those kinds of agreements and how they can change. 

1 Message

17 hours ago

Xfinfity, you say that you sent a message with May statement. When we receive our statements, all we really care about is the amount. Who seriously reads the rest of the statement. Here's a suggestion, when you're gonna make a line up change, how about sending a separate message. That being said, I like the Story Television channel because the programs that were on were what the History Channel use to be. Now the programs that are on the History Channel are mostly so called reality shows. Not really historical information. And they aren't actually reality, producers set them up to what they think is reality. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here