tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

5 years ago

ComcastJessie,

I guess if we don't agree with you, our comments are removed so nobody sees them? Nice! We pay a lot of money for our cable, internet and phones and this company continues to remove channels. We continue to pay the same amount for channels we don't get & also pay another amount to watch a subpar channel replacement?  I'm sorry. I have been a customer since Continental Cablevision many years ago. I pay almost $240! How many channels will be left for the customers to watch? If the company would decrease the amount people pay after these channels are removed, that would be acceptable, but I don't expect that.  Not cool Xfinity/Comcast! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

If u remove starz from my package I will change my package to no premium channels and get them from Amazon. Then I will look into getting everything I need from another source and cut the cord. I would suggest you cut excutive pay and keep starz. You will no longer be competitive and u wonder why so many are cutting the cord.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

From October through December 2019 Comcast has dropped at least 16 movie channels from my Triple Play Premier subscription, including cinemax, starz and TCM.  There is no mention of any reduction in billing, so I assume that is not going to happen.   Will have to take a close look at all available options. 

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, just "got" my bill today and all of the information is on the last page except for the part about why our bills won't go down even though the level of "service" went down. I fully understand that in business things change but there is also a thing called good will that should taken into account. If/when you are expected to live up to a contract then both parties should have to do the same. All Comcast had to do was continue with the services until the affected parties "fell" out of the contract new renewal new rules. I really am upset that there is no way for this to be addressed to anyone in Upper Management so that the see that we are just wanting what we "agreed" to and want the same respect they require.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

5 years ago

Hi, I really am not upset with the business part of the decision to drop pay channels if my bill drops but as noted from others that is not the case. This is situation where they say it is for your own good because we are looking out for the "valued" customer. Lower my price and let me move on. The whole argument over value is probably true because I know I replace them from other sources cheaper than Comcast wants to charge me but right now Comcast has my money by not lowering my bill.

Contributor

• 

517 Messages

5 years ago

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yes effective 12/10/19 - STARZ will not be a part of the Xfinity Premier service anymore - instead they are replacing it with EPIX channel - I got a letter this weekend from Comcast/Xfinity indicating that my STARZ channels will not be a part of my premier service package anymore and will be replaced with 4 EPIX channels.  I would like to know how much is the STARZ subscription a la carte in December if you wanted to keep it. 

Contributor

• 

517 Messages

5 years ago

@cinhart61 wrote:

Yes effective 12/10/19 - STARZ will not be a part of the Xfinity Premier service anymore - instead they are replacing it with EPIX channel - I got a letter this weekend from Comcast/Xfinity indicating that my STARZ channels will not be a part of my premier service package anymore and will be replaced with 4 EPIX channels.  I would like to know how much is the STARZ subscription a la carte in December if you wanted to keep it. 

Previously asked and anwsered here:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Channels-and-Programming/Starz-leaving-Premiere-packages/m-p/3278533#M108467

Contributor

• 

59 Messages

5 years ago

I've read all the posts, clicked all the links and can't find the answer to question .........

I already have Epix in my subscription list at $6/mth. When the change occurs will I still be charged for Epix ? Sorry if I missed it 

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

5 years ago

I would guess no. I am basing this on what happened with Cinemax. My other posts are kind of along those lines, lower my price and let me buy what you don't want to supply at the contracted package price. All I know is if I didn't deliver what I was contracted to do I would be sued for breach of contract.

Contributor

• 

25 Messages

5 years ago

OK,  this is for Mr. "Comcast Jessie".  On the one hand, you and Comcast via emails, letters, and notices on our bills are saying that Starz will drop from the "packages" on Dec 10th and still be available as an add-on for $12.00 after that.  And then you say that Starz will not be available - period - as of Jan 1st -no add-ons, no On-Demand etc.  That negotions have stopped.  (Even though this post about the DOJ involvement may say otherwise).  Yet in other posts you infer that Starz via On-Demand will still be available after the 1st of the year.   Stop the confusion and answer me this:  Will I - or will I not - be able to view programming on Starz such as "Outlander" via my Comcast X-1  box by paying you the $12.00 per month in 2020.  Clear up the confusion.  Most of us would at least like a clear and honest answer on this.  Why are you telling us at this point that we can "subscribe" to Starz after Dec 10th when it's really going to be only for for 3 weeks as you are saying now?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

This is ridiculous, you are taking away the only channel we watch regularly!  EPIX??  What kind of low-budget channel is that!  Thus far you cannot get me wifi to the office in my house and now you are canceling the best channel.  I pay WAY too much money for no service AND no selection.  Buh Bye Comcast!!

Contributor

• 

517 Messages

5 years ago

@Dvrmitch wrote:

I've read all the posts, clicked all the links and can't find the answer to question .........

I already have Epix in my subscription list at $6/mth. When the change occurs will I still be charged for Epix ? Sorry if I missed it 

Assuming you have a Premiere Triple Play that presently includes STARZ and if you also have EPIX as a separate adder for $5.99/mo, then no.  EPIX will be moved into your Premiere and the $5.99/mo fee for EPIX will be eliminated.  I'm in the same situation.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

We are leaving too, Starz is the only channel we watch regularly.  I got a notice in the mail like we are supposed to thank Comcast for giving us EPIX instead of Starz.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

• Concerning the change from STARZ to EPIX, you can count us OUT! Where was your survey on this change? We ARE EXTREMELY UNHAPPY with you plans to make this change and will be looking at other options of our own.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here