tito752's profile

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

Monday, August 26th, 2019 6:00 AM

Closed

Starz leaving Premiere packages?

Can an employee at Comcast confirm if this is true?  I hope not.  These channel changes are not the thing to do with more and more people cutting the cord.  You're going to end up with no customers!

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/exclusive-comcast-is-moving-some-channels-to-more-expensive-packages/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

4 years ago

Why is it $12 dollars per month to add STARZ ala carte?  I can subscribe to STARZ  without Comcast for $8.99 via Hulu or via the STARZ app on different platforms. 

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, I am NOT defending Comcast but I believe that from the business side of the company that is the point that they are making "we" can buy it cheaper than they can (I don't believe it) So by removing it and charging for it they stand to profit from us. My issue on this as stated before is lower my bill and if I want to replace Starz I will at the lower price from somewhere else and unfortunately this is a point Comcast is missing that they are forcing customers to other sources and wondering why they are losing customers.in the process. To me the replacing of all of the Starz's channels  with an inferior channel and less of them too is like ordering steak and substituting hamburger (it's meat). All in all it still comes down to them breaking a contract but forcing us to continue until the timeframe is over or pay the excessive fees to leave. There are many options but it is a pain in the butt to do and nobody wants to follow through with the process agencies to contact or everyone just cancel the services (won't happen)

Contributor

• 

517 Messages

4 years ago

@djkuula wrote:

Sometimes I feel like Comcast has resigned themselves to cable TV eventually being replaced by streaming services, and are just trying to squeeze out as much profit as they can before the cable business dries up instead of trying to evolve in a competitive way.

Actually IMHO it's a smart stradegy to let the portion of customers using Legacy Equipent (and some X1 accounts) who would never stwitch to Comcast's coming streaming model move on down the road on their own.  All the recent channel changes will help expedite this clean-out process of those "never-again" customers.  We often tend to find this typical of all businesses and industries (and nothing personal, just business). As technology advances most customers normally tend to try and move forward and adapt, while those who resist often bog down the whole system.  Just my opinion .... Also hope Comcast is able to aquire Liongate's STARZ Group on attractive terms to benefit current Xfinity customers.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I understand that Comcast has to negotiate contracts with content providers, and they have every right to refuse unprofitable deals. However, dropping channels seems to happen far more often than it used to. For that reason, IMO cable providers should rethink their traditional business model of locking subscribers into lengthy contracts if they can't include reasonable guarantees about the channel lineup. And if they don't rethink it on their own, then government regulators should probably rethink it for them (which it sounds like it might be happening already).

Sometimes I feel like Comcast has resigned themselves to cable TV eventually being replaced by streaming services, and are just trying to squeeze out as much profit as they can before the cable business dries up instead of trying to evolve in a competitive way.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, I kind of agree that this is probably a way to "get rid" of customers but a couple points. If they change the "rules" then release the customer from a contract without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. I don't think if Comcast was to purchase Starz (Lionsgate says not for sale) that the customer will benefit because then they would have to "purchase" a new package with new terms. I do believe that many companies are following this line of thinking because some Business course is teaching classes on how to squeeze as much money as possible before you lose a customer.  The other thing is I firmly believe that Comcast (and others) only look at the figures at the end of whatever timeframe they use and if the numbers of customers are roughly the same they don't care how they got there.

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah I've lost/am losing approximately 12 movie channels yet my bill has not changed. HITZ is nothing more than On-Demand that nobody asked for. Epix is okay but if I really wanted it then I'd have paid the $5 or $6 per month for it. Most of my time spent using cable is watching the various movie channels. They're killing the return on investment for me. I will definitely be reducing my package if they drop Starz and if they do not add Cinemax back. And I will definitely cancel next year if they continue with this. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Well it is cbiviously a profit thing removing Staz which you then want to charge $12 for. On Dec. 10 I will cut the cord and say good bye to triple pay as starz  and the other lost movie channel was why I had tripe play in the first place. You tube t.v which charges $49.95 a month will soon be my provider. It has no boxes etc. which tends to line comcast's pockets with all the other charges. You have a bunch of channels I never watch maybe you should drop them and use that money to pay Starz. It does feel nice to become a cord cutter though I thought I was to old for such actions. Thank you comcast for pushing me into the 21st century. You have become a dinosaur.

Contributor

• 

93 Messages

4 years ago

So, in addition to removing the provably beloved TCM despite the backlash which never would have happened if it had as low a viewership as Comcast claimed, they are taking away Starz channels as well. They are leaving in Starz westerns and action, but taking away suspense, indieplex and retroplex. In return we get MORE westerns and action. Two western channels and no suspense? No classic? Doesn't seem like the broadening horizons they are trumpeting.

We've been customers since about 1990, but they don't really care. I'm sure after this the next change we will learn of is another increase in prices.

Snip snip

Contributor

• 

118 Messages

4 years ago

Why should I pay Comcast $12 to view Starz when I can go to Apple or Amazon and get it for $8.99? Once again Comcast, you think way too much of yourselves and expect us to overpay for the priviledge of getting something on your network.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Will I get a different network when Stars is canceled? If not will my bill be lowered? If not how can I get in touch with someone too demand it!

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Honest and Comcast are becoming increasingly at odds by promising packages, signing up customers for two year contractrs, then changing the contract signed...

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

As long as you are replacing Starz with something comparable on my package , I'm okay with that.  I am just hoping it's similar and I'm not getting ripped off. It took so much time to get the channel package and internet speed I wanted I would really rather not have to call and renegotiate my contract.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Hello, I also "hate" calling and trying to "fix" the issues that are being created by the new and improved channel lineup, dropping Cinemax, Starz and such. I just want what I paid for or a lower bill so I can move forward but Comcast does not see it that way.

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

4 years ago

I am moving to the Preferred with Home Security and X1 after mucho years on non-X1. While overall I am getting less than previously, some I don't care about.  However, I was not happy to hear about Starz.  That said, I looked at adding Starz to Hulu and it is $14.98 / month rather than $12 / month.  Not much difference but enough that I guess I"ll keep it.  However, my overall costs will now be much less, at least for 2 years.  TCM is infuriating though that to get it I have to keep the Sports and Entertainment package and only have recently realized that I don't watch any of those channels, except now TCM.  Grrr..  And you cannot get TCM any other way really.

Contributor

• 

54 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, the moving of channels to the Sports and Entertainment has been a "sore" spot for as many years as they have done it, I posted awhile ago about the fact that in theory that with the name of the tier anything and everything could eventually be moved into there because the entire lineup is Entertainment.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here