cesachs's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 6th, 2021 1:10 AM

Closed

sound quality of paramount plus

I am subscribing to paramount plus and have the app on Xfinity X1 platform.  but when I listen to shows on that app they seem to come in at 2.0 stereo and not 5.1 (which I get fine on other apps like Disney or Prime).  Does anyone else have that problem or know how to change the sound to 5.1 surround?

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, @cesachs. Thank you for creating this post. I was able to find some information on the Paramount+ website stating that the 5.1 is only available through some shows and on certain devices and they are adding more capable devices in the future, however, the 5.1 is digital Dolby atmos which can come out depending on what type of system you are using as 2.0 or digital surround. I am hoping that they add the support to the app for the X1, however, only some shows and movies are available with that sound profile for now. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

thank you for answering my question, hope they make the upgrade soon.

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

I hope so as well. Thank you for your patience and understanding with this situation. If you do have any other questions or concerns, feel free to create a new post. Have a great day. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here