U

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, January 10th, 2024 4:58 PM

Closed

Some channels get pixelated every now and then

Recently I got the Hitron CODA56 modem to take advantage of the faster internet upload speed that went into effect in my area (link here for reference of faster upload speeds https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/).

I have a 4K cable box (XG1V4-A box to be specific) and it’s my only box. Both the cable box and modem are on the same coax outlet and a splitter is in place (this one to be specific as a Comcast tech gave it to me a couple years ago: Antronix-High-Performance-2-Way-Cable-TV-Splitter-CMC2002H-OTA-Coaxial-5-1002M). Recently I noticed all the 4K channels (mainly sports channels) would get pixelated every now and then when watching content. The picture comes in clear and at random times, it “glitches” for a second.

I went to the Xfinity store to get a new XG1V4-A cable box and the issue seems to be happening. I did a test last night where I unplugged my modem and watched a sports channel that I knew acted up. Having my modem unplugged seemed to do the trick. Once I plugged it back in, the picture started acting up. Cables and everything are all tight and good. I believe it has something to do with the splitter where it’s lowering the speed too much to the box or causing interference.

Is there a different splitter I should be using that can handle a 4K box and the faster modem on the same line? I have the 400 Mbps download /100 Mbps upload (Fast/Blast) internet package.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

830 Messages

7 months ago

Usually pixelation is caused by poor signal levels from the street. I would have a tech visit setup for them to check everything from the street.

If your in-house connections are all tight then you probably have an issue outside.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@Tek​ appreciate the response. I have a technician coming out tomorrow to take a look. Hopefully it can be resolved. 

Official Employee

• 

898 Messages

@user_ca9b0d Glad to know a tech is coming today.  We will check back with you later today to see how everything goes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

740 Messages

@user_ca9b0d How did your appointment go today? Are you needing any assistance at this time? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Well, after a no-show on the original appointment, I had to schedule a new one and they came today. Also had to “battle” through the multiple calls and attempts from Xfinity preventing sending a tech out.

Anyway, the tech visit went well. One of my cables that distributed the feed had some damage on it and I apparently had another splitter that I was unaware of. The tech said the upload db was outside of the acceptable limit (something the remote tech failed to mention). That was causing feedback on the line. 

Issue was resolved. He also added a filter on the lines outside to help keep the db down. 

Visitor

• 

35 Messages

6 months ago

How did the tech resolve your issue? I am having the same issues intermittently but *maybe* only on my main DVR box and recordings. When I use Xfinity Stream there are no pixelation issues. I honestly cannot afford to have Comcast come out and charge me $100 to make my service work.

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

@user_ea7865​ Double check any lines that you have a splitter connected to. I had one tucked in a wall box that was putting pressure on the line and caused it to get damaged. He also checked the signal strength/frequency (db) upload reading of the equipment (they can supposedly do this remotely).

He also noticed a minor issue on the outside box/line and resolved that. I’m not sure if I’ll still get charged given it wasn’t 100% my issue, but I guess I’ll see on my next bill.

Official Employee

• 

465 Messages

@user_ea7865 You can ensure there are no service fees by replacing any bad splitters or lines in the home. If the issue is a Comcast issue, being from the service or the device, there is never a fee to have it repaired. If the issue stems from the home, the usage, or it's wiring, there can be a fee to have the Xfinity Technician resolve the concern. You can always ask to have them verify what the issue is first, and to pause the resolution if it is related to the home. 

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

@user_ca9b0d Could you please send our team a direct message. Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here