Thursday, November 16th, 2023 12:29 PM

Closed

Sky news

When I select sky news it says I don’t have access to this channel

Contributor

• 

174 Messages

10 months ago

I have noticed the same thing as Comcast pushes us to use the XUMO platform by adding channels that are free and commercial  supported to the 4000 tier known as internet channels. Most of us have the Level 2 tier or Popular plan. I am paying well over $200 a month for cable, Internet and telephone and my contract expires in December 2023 so it’s time to renegotiate with Comcast. I feel that we are being nickel and dime for everything and especially for channels that are commercial or available elsewhere for free.  Sky News is available on my Roku as well as Pluto TV and other free services, so why does Comcast  block  a Comcast owned channel especially when we go to the X1 program menu and select “free to me “it’s available as an option. 

To all the monitors there is nothing wrong with my cable box (replaced two

months ago fora better one ) my connection works no signal leaks , or other excuse and no I do not want to privately chat with you. You owe it to us to explain why we introduce a new platform, and then do not provide the proper channels.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

10 months ago

Hello, @user_og4pv4. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums for support, you have contacted the right place for assistance with you Sky News concern. Sky News is offered free to all customers through Xfinity Stream, you can log in either through the great Xfinity Stream App or through xfinity.com/stream to view. 

Besides Sky News there are also some additional free Fast TV channels available through Xfinity Stream, you can learn more here: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/channels-and-programming/free-streaming-channels-with-xfinity/6479f7af27f9157f6ffb81e8

https://corporate.comcast.com/stories/comcast-integrates-free-fast-channels-from-xumo-play-nbc-sky-into-xfinity-stream. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here