U

Saturday, May 4th, 2024 6:17 PM

Single Channel 195 Movies! Network outage AGAIN

This is the second week in a row my Channel 195 which is the Movies! network channel is displaying color bars and a message 'Sutro DR Master Control' instead of programming. I spent hours online and on the phone LAST weekend resolving this and now it's happening AGAIN! Not only has this NOT been fixed, it means I have to endure HOURS of navigating Xfinity's inefficient and highly irritating system and countless robots just to get hold of a real LIVE person who then proceeds to try and sell me MORE products that DO NOT WORK! Getting closer to UNPLUGGING every week...

9 Messages

4 months ago

Oh boy, I've been awarded a badge for complaining! Keep your badge, FIX your [Edit: Language] product!

(edited)

9 Messages

Oh, boy! ANOTHER badge! What is this, the Cub Scouts?!

2 Messages

4 months ago

have the same problem along with channel 162. Do you just have the 1 channel out or more. Currently on the phone with comcast for 1/2 hour so far. How did they they fix this the first time for you.

2 Messages

169 made a mistake not 162.

A new badge, WHAT THE HELL, a new badge don't fix my TV

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 months ago

Second weekend in a row for me, and Ch 180 (Catchy Comedy), too. They "fixed" themselves last Sunday, but both Off at exactly 1:00 AM PDT last night. Live agent chat was futile.

9 Messages

Yeah, I've never been AWAKE when it goes off, but it's been gone in the morning, Saturday BOTH times. See below. Just checked 180 and it's gone as well! Will post again after tomorrow if it's REALLY fixed. I think maybe they're doing this to MAKE people change out their old boxes...I just NEVER trust them-they lie all the time!

9 Messages

4 months ago

Spent over an hour in Live Chat with 2 different people, realized thanks to 'Debbitz' that I was missing TWO channels, 159 AND 169. Thanks to JackH_51, I now know it's 3 channels-also 180! They are coming tomorrow to change out ALL of my boxes. The one guy noticed an error message he got from one of the boxes that indicated it was causing the problem due to an OLD box. He told me to have them ALSO change out the modem as it will be out of date as of 2025. So maybe just get them to update all of your boxes? I will post again and let you know if it is fixed after tomorrow.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Already got new boxes, so at least for us that's not the problem. 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Experience the same issue, with no result from Xfinity staff by calling or communicating with their AI Chat (no answers)! Thanks for posting. It's second week in a row....maybe Movies TV Channel didn't pay their rent;.).

Read all the posts and it's time to unplug Xfinity/Comcast and find another service! Not worth paying $$$ for unreliable service! Bye Bye Xfinity.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 months ago

Random update:  I got 169 and 195 back, but still not 180 yet.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 months ago

Success!!  Got 180 back.  Did we collectively shame them?  Next Saturday 1:00 AM will tell me.  Haha

9 Messages

@JackH_51​ They are all back on mine as well. They are still coming tomorrow to change out my boxes. We'll see...I still think they're doing it themselves...they need us all to be using the NEW boxes sooner than later. They tell you they're updating your boxes (EVERY NIGHT?) but you know they're DOWNLOADING what and when you've been watching and for how long (and God knows what else)...

9 Messages

So...the guy came and changed my gateway but the boxes were OK as is. The problem with the disappearing channels? That's NOT a hardware problem that can be addressed at your home. It is a bad or unusable signal being received by Comcast from THEIR provider (Sutro Tower DR Master Control), so they've been lying or grasping at straws regarding their grasp of the problem on the phone AND online with Xfinity Assistant. Are they working on fixing it? This technician said they were working on it but it doesn't seem to be a TOP priority (MY opinion not his). He DID tell me that he had two other people he has called on in the past week who were missing other channels than the three of us (but also from Sutro Tower DR Master Control group) and that they went off on Saturday morning and came back sometime over the weekend...that's all I know.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

user_if3fk9 Thanks for reaching out! The Movies! TV Network is distributed from local affiliates, and the feed may be out of our control. If you continue to have issues, please let us know by sending a direct message. We can reach out to our engineering team to ensure there are no concerns on our end or locally. 

9 Messages

This has been an ONGOING issue to which there is apparently NO REAL SOLUTION. I spent 2 days over 2 weekends only to find this out! You say to 'please let us know by sending a direct message'! HOW and TO WHOM? I have been dealing with the TOTALLY USELESS LIARS that Xfinity Assistant connects you to in Live Chat, the automated responses of Xfinity Assistant are even MORE USELESS and irritating. If they aren't one of the VERY FEW subjects they address you get caught in a loop of the bots trying to make you force your problem into one of their questions!!! The tech who came to change my boxes (which did NOT need changing after all) confirmed what I ALREADY thought about the 'disappearing channel problem' which is the redundant answer you are giving me now! At least I got my Gateway updated, but the end result DOES NOT come close to fixing the problem I first contacted Xfinity about. As I said, there is apparently NO REAL or SATIFYING SOLUTION. So WHY would I mark this 'ACCEPTED ANSWER'? I've been led around by the nose (FOR YEARS) and am STILL being led around by the nose and am really, seriously investigating other options than THIS MESS. My signal has been WEAK for over 4 years. My apartment is 11 feet from the pole. It is STILL weak, although SUPPOSEDLY someone is coming to address it this week, but I WON'T KNOW as I won't be home...This is the SERVICE you have been providing and continue to provide with absolutely NO satisfaction in the long run.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_if3fk9 I'm sorry to hear this has been an ongoing issue for so long. We can take a deeper look on our end.  

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here