jeffsanfrancisc's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Sunday, May 5th, 2024 1:50 AM

Closed

San Francisco - KTVU and KICU digital subchannels all unavailable

I first noticed this on Catchy Comedy, but looking at all of the digital subchannels associated with KTVU and KICU all of them have the same multicolor vertical bar pattern and high pitched tone.  Some channels say "Sutro DR Master Control" while others have the station call letters and number and then DR Master Control. 

When I first noticed the issue earlier this week on Catchy Comedy, nothing displayed on the channel at all.

I see that someone else started a thread with the same problem for the Movies! subchannel (a KTVU channel), but apart from some people saying that they spent a long time on the phone with Xfinity reps there have been no answers or solutions.

Does anyone have an updated status on this issue?  I loathe the idea of actually trying to call because it seems to be impossible to reach anyone at Xfinity now anyway unless you speak into the automated voice recognition system that you want to cancel your service.

Accepted Solution

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

3 months ago

They are all working this morning.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

I am glad to hear that the channels are working once again, jeffsanfrancisc! We appreciate how detailed you were in your original post and apologize you were not able to enjoy the channels for a bit. The very handy Xfinity app can also detect channel impairments. If you go through the troubleshooting section in the Xfinity Assistant, it will scan for any known issues affecting your service. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

3 months ago

Typically, Comcast just passes on what is aired. Unless you know someone with an antenna, it's hard to verify if it was an issue with the station itself. A check shows they are separate transmitters, but both are owned by Fox Broadcasting.

Found information on a local forum where they talk about SF area stations. It appears this is a known issue due to local maintenance.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/weekend-programming-change

https://www.avsforum.com/posts/63279024/

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here