U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022 4:30 PM

Closed

Roku not recognizing my HBO Max subscription

My Roku streaming stick will no longer let me access HBO Max. It claims that my subscription with Xfinity has expired, which it definitely has not. Other channels are working fine.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @user_d25e29, thank you for taking the time to post on our Xfinity Forums. I love the content available on HBO Max, I binge a quite a bit of shows on there. I am sad to hear you are experiencing an issue accessing it on your steaming service. Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far, logging out and back in, or any other steps? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ Do you mean logging out of Roku, or HBO Max? I'm not sure if switching from one HDMI port (the one with the ROKU stick) to another counts as logging out. If so, I have logged out. If not, I have not and truthfully, am not sure if I would do that via their website or some other way.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

2 years ago

Great question, if you are using the HBO Max app, it would be logging out of the app, and then it would be logging in with the Xfinity account. I would also like to review the account to ensure the subscription is still present. Can you send us a direct message with your full name and service address?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ Thanks for your suggestions. I did log out and back in to HBO Max, but that made no difference. I do not see a Direct Messaging icon on any page I looked at (in my account, on the home page, etc.) However, I know for certain that my subscription is still active. I just got a bill and continue to be billed every month. If you would like to contact me via my Comcast email address, which I believe you have through my signing in here, I can give you additional information about my full name and address.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityValerie​ Ah, I just found the Direct Message icon on another page. Will follow through there.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have same issue. Cannot see resolution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Hi, anntoms. Just to confirm, you're getting an error that your HBO Max subscription through Xfinity has expired? 

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same issue that my HBO subscription  appears are expired on my Roku. It was working fine before I switched from a Roku stick to a Roku Streambar. 
I have follow the above troubleshooting steps but keep getting the same response.

Please advise the resolution for all to see and utilize. 

thanks!

thanks! 

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_cce917​  Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here