F

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 14th, 2023 4:04 PM

Closed

Recording sports

I’m trying to set a series recording for golden state warriors games on channel 720 (nbc sports Bay Area).  When I finished the X1 record steps, the red record icon appear on channel 724(espnhd) instead.

how do we make sure to record the channel we are telling it to record?

Problem Solver

• 

766 Messages

2 years ago

First, check the guide to see if the 3/15 Warriors-Clippers game is also being recorded. If it is, and there's also an ESPN non-Warriors game being recorded, it could be that they both have the same title (something like "NBA Basketball") and the guide, not knowing the difference, is going to record every game with that title it can find.

When I tried making a series recording from the Warriors-Clippers game on the guide, I got three options: "Just this game," "Warriors games," and "Clippers games."

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

2 years ago

@FatherBradley Thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Forum team. It sounds like you are going to the team page on your X1 cable box and are setting the record series option. The default recording channel may not always be on your local network. You will need to set the recording up for the specific channel instead. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here