U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sun, May 2, 2021 12:59 AM

Closed

Recording sports games by channel

Why can't you record sports games by channel?  I want to record the Golden State Warriors games but it sometimes records the game on Espn when it is blacked out and airing instead on Nbc Sports Bay Area.  As a result I have missed a couple of games.  This is unacceptable.

XfinityBrie

Official Employee

• 

500 Messages

7 m ago

While we currently only have the options to record by series or individual episode, we have heard customers feedback about the ability to record by channel and are taking it into consideration for future updates to the X1 entertainment platform. We currently offer the ability to schedule recordings in advance, and you can even schedule recordings right through the Xfinity Stream app for when you're on the go. https://comca.st/3aWd3xB

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

Has there been any movement on this? It seems reasonable to want to record all games for a favorite team (in my case, the NBA Memphis Grizzlies) on a specific channel. All Grizzlies games are carried on Bally Sports Southeast, but when I try set up a favorite team recording, most games set up to record on either the other team's local channel or NBA League Pass, neither of which I subscribe to. Please consider adding a specific channel option to a favorite team recording. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

239 Messages

@neonleon59 Thank you so much for the feedback. As a huge sports fan, I understand how this would be really beneficial. I would gladly forward your feedback. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here