G1123's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 2nd, 2019 12:00 PM

Closed

Recording NHL Center Ice games in HD

Is there a way to record NHL Center Ice games in HD? I see the SD channels listed in the guide and I can set those to record, but come on, it's alsmost 2020, no one watches SD.

I know I can watch games in HD via NHL Center Ice HD Beta, but can't record those.

I was wondering if there is a way.

I've recently switched from DirectTV and already regretting this move. I was able to watch and record center ice in HD with DTV almost 15 years ago and Comcast hasn't caught up yet.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I agree, and it would be nice to know I am paying for the NHL package I would have some to record in HD.  Think Directv is the better play for the money now.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

I noticed tonight that the IP channels for Center Ice now have channels assigned to specific teams while previously they did not.  On my system they start at channel 3068 through 3096. I am thinking that with the assigned channels for each team you should be able to record the games

I also saw that there are  now assigned channels for each team for NBA League Pass and it may be that they will have assigned channels for Extra Innings when the baseball season starts. Right now in the guide they have a line that says MLB Extra Innings after channel 1995 but no channels assigned between that channel and channel 3036 which is the first assigned channel for NBA League Pass so it may be that the assigned channels for Extra Innings will be between those two

channels.     

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

I took another look at the assigned BETA IP channels for Center Ice and noticed that not all of the teams have assigned channels including Calgary, Boston and  Vancouver and there may have been a couple more so maybe those missing teams will have an assigned channel coming soon.  

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hey Seattle, thanks for that update, I will check that out.  It was very frustrating to see that the channels weren't in HD, more frustrating to see it was all manual tuning. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

I checked this afternoon and it looks like every NHL team now has a channel assigned for the BETA IP channels and on my system they go from channel 3067 through channel 3097. It just took a bit of time for Comcast to do the technical stuff to assign a channel  for each team. 

I was in the Comcast office this afternoon and asked if Extra Innings will have channels assigned for each team and she wasn't sure but she did say that they were making a lot of changes with the BETA IP channels so we will see at the end of this month when the baseball season starts. 

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

I don't know what is going on because today those assigned channels for each team for the BETA IP Center Ice and NBA League Pass games are now gone so you wonder if what I saw the past couple of days was just a test or what.    

I do know that on Tuesday night as I was watching a couple of Center Ice  IP games  the screen would go black several times and the picture would not return until some minutes later. There were also a couple of times when I would switch channels and the IP game  would not come on and instead got the three little circles instead.  Eventually the picture would come on. So it seems that there were technical issues which may be why today the assigned channels are gone.

I didn't bother to call Comcast because you would get someone in Mexico who would have no idea of what you are calling about as I have experienced that numerous times over the years.    

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

By the time I looked them up they weren't there for me. My community just turned on Xfinity fiber and will be getting new equipment. The experiment continues. Will notice this board with any differences. Will have to wait to set and get the appt. Just came in the mail.

Contributor

• 

586 Messages

4 years ago

Were those new channels functional?  I noticed they were HD Channels.  If they were working, did you try to record?

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

They looked like they were functional as I asked for specific channel for one of the NHL teams and it went right to that channel. No, I did not try to record one of those channels.  

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

Today the assigned team channels for Center Ice for the BETA IP channels are back and again on my system from channel 3067 through channel 3097 . 

What is interesting unlike the previous time there are no team channels for NBA League Pass so we don't know if Comcast is still working out the technical details for the assigned team BETA IP channels for these sports packages as there are no team channels for MLB Extra Innings but their season doesn't start until March 26th.  

So we will see if the BETA IP channels for Center Ice stay this time.  

Contributor

• 

586 Messages

4 years ago

They say HD.  Could you try to record a minute on one of those channels tonight-assuming you have the package?

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

They are HD channels as I checked 2 of them. Channel 3082 for Montreal and channel 3093 for Toronto.  I did not record them but with assigned channels for each team that should be possible now.  

Contributor

• 

586 Messages

4 years ago

@seattle4sports wrote:

They are HD channels as I checked 2 of them. Channel 3082 for Montreal and channel 3093 for Toronto.  I did not record them but with assigned channels for each team that should be possible now.  

I don't get it...rather than speculate, what is preventing you from spending 5 seconds to record something?

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

I did the same with the Islanders-Canucks game from channel 3094 and it worked fine. Now lets hope that the channels stay this time. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I just recorded a snippet of the Canes-Wings game on 3072 - the Canes assigned channel. Seems to work fine. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here