U

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Friday, October 14th, 2022 4:53 PM

Closed

programming

I have an Xfinity programming question that I would appreciate help with and will use ESPN as an example.
I would like to program (record) SportsCenter at 6PM every evening and am presented with 2 options, record: 
      All Episodes 
             or 
      Only This Episode  
I don't want to record All Episodes because ESPN repeats SportsCenter (guesstimate) 10 times a day so I selected, Save Only One (i.e. the latest) Episode but that does not work either.
So unless I am doing something wrong, I only have 2 option, select All Episodes and fill up my recorder with multiple (duplicates) that don't need or recod, Only This Episode which means that I have to do this every day.
So my question is, how do I record All Episodes of a program ONLY at a designated time (which in this scenario would be 6Pm-7Pm?
Thank you guys
Bob

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

2 years ago

Hey @user_d1680d I appreciate you reaching out regarding our DVR and options to record ESPN. Is it a game you are trying to record? 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Lamont, no it's not a game, what I would like to do is record SNL at 11:30Pm and there is another SNL at 10Pm that I am not interested.

My question is how how do I record SNL at 11:30Pm ONLY.

The same for SportsCenter, which may be on at 12Am, 1Am, 2Am 3Am 4Am 5Am 6Am, 12,Pm, 6Pm, 10,Pm and 11Pm.

How do I record 6Pm ONLY and not have 10 other records that I don't want?

Thanks Lamont

Bob

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Are the other recordings repeats of the same episode just a different time? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Good question Eva, I believe both, repeat episodes and same episode at a new (different) time.

SNL are 2 different shows (episodes) while I believe SportsCenter has different episodes (guesstimate) starting at 8Am and repeat episodes from 12Pm – 8Am.  

Thank you Eva 

Bob

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_d1680d We've looked into this further and you are only able to manually set recordings for the time you want if you don't want to record every episode of a particular show/series. The easiest way to do this is in your X1 guide, select the time slot you want to record, and you can do it that way but without selecting the series itself, this would need to be done daily. Currently, there is no method to record a particular show that has multiple airings based on one-time slot, the recording technology is designed to record all airings of that series unless you do it manually (at least for now). 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thank you for the update, Benjamin.

I thought that was the case but wasn't quite sure that I understood the Xfinity system well enough so I checked in with you.

I don't think that I am telling you anything that Xfinity doesn't already know which is, your competitors have much "friendlier" user systems than you guys have.

I was able to do this with DirecTV years ago and I had Verizon before moving to Atlanta, where I currently am and the had these options also.

In any event, it is what it is and you'll eventually bring your system up to current standards

Have a nice day Benjamin

Bob

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_d1680d - Thank you for your feedback which may help to improve not only products and services, but the user experience as a whole!  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here