U

Friday, May 10th, 2024 3:57 PM

Proactive credit - Bally Sports

I've been promised this credit. When will I receive it and what will be the amount? 

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

10 days ago

Thanks for reaching out about the loss of Diamond Sports Group (DSG) programming @user_4ipm3h , which includes Bally Sports regional sports networks. This programming is currently unavailable as our agreement with DSG has expired. Comcast pays programmers to bring our customers the entertainment, information, and sports they want. We work to negotiate fair terms in order to ensure the greatest value for customers given all the ways content can be accessed today. We’ve been flexible with DSG, who is in bankruptcy proceedings, but have been unable to reach an agreement that’s fair for our customers. We know unexpected changes to your TV lineup can be frustrating, and we apologize for any inconvenience. For more information, visit 
www.xfinity.com/howitworks

10 Messages

Yeah but what about my question regarding the credit? 

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

The loss of this channel will result in savings that we’ll pass along to you, and you’ll see an automatic credit in your bill in the coming weeks  @user_4ipm3h.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

Please answer my original question: When and what amount? 

Official Employee

• 

671 Messages

@user_4ipm3h Bally sports covered 14 regions, and the regional sports fee may not be the same in each region, so credits may vary depending on where you live. We will proactively credit customers for the loss of their Bally Sports network content in the coming weeks. You can watch for the credit over your next few statements. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

10 days ago

@user_4ipm3h. We do not offer customers any credits for channels that have gone away because of contract negotiations. 

10 Messages

Wrong. It says right on my screen:

"As a result, we'll be issuing proactive monthly credits to customers for the loss of this network. ... visit xfinity.com/facts to learn more."

Official Employee

• 

712 Messages

@user_4ipm3h at this time, I do not have a credit amount, as those final details are being worked behind the scenes. You should see it pop up on your bill within the next month.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityWilliam​ But if you added a channel that would be another reason to jack your prices up again right.

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

@XfinityWilliam​  JUST GOT A NEW BILL. NO CREDIT. NO BALLY SPORTS CHANNEL. YOU ARE OVERCHARGING ME.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I just received my bill as well and there is NO credit for the loss of Bally Sports Detroit.  I expect Xfinity to not only credit me, but add interest since the time this channel has been removed from my service. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here