GlamRockCowboy7's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, January 21st, 2021 4:00 PM

Closed

Printing my channel lineup

I recently upgraded from 30+ channels to 125+ channels.  Whenever I attempt to print my current channel lineup from the online screen, my printer only prints out the first 45 channels or so and then seems to skip or ignore the rest!  Is there any way I can get a listing of my current channel lineup in PDF format so I can download it and then view it or print it?

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Can't be done.  I tried everything.  Either you get every channel that Comcast has ever supported or you get a TV guide.  They are just the worst!  Now I understand why they don't even give you an email to ask a freakin question!!!  Right now for me they are the only game in town.  I even have two accounts one north and one down south.  I really don't understand why a printable channel listing for my channels  is sooooo hard for them to do.  I'm sure a 20 year old MBA has decided for some strange reason it would be detrimental to do.  Only good thing; in 2 more years I won't need them.

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem with Firefox, Windows 10, but was able to create a PDF file for printing using Edge.

Open the channel lineup, https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/,  in Edge and click Print. Choose Save as PDF for the printer, and click Save, then save the PDF file to the location you choose. Navigate to the saved file and open it in your PDF reader. You can then print all or whichever pages you choose.

Edited to add: I just tested it with Chrome (Microsoft Save to PDF), and it works there too.

20-01-23 print channel guide.PNG

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

I use Edge, W10, latest version.

From Comcast home page, scroll down to bottom. Under "I want to" select: "Check tv listings".

It pulls up on TV Guide grid with all your current channels It works nice for seeing whats on.

I chose to shorten list under selecting filter and selecting "Free to me" and "HD" as an example.

I found you can print all pages or just choose certain ones. Just right-click on the grid and choose "print". This gave me a total of 11 pages of the time period of the grid. While possible to print this you most likely will want "Rightfoots" version, and just use this guide for viewing whats on that day.

The guide says for Streaming, but is the same as our RNG150N cable-boxes for linear cable viewing.

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

I use Edge, W10, latest version.

From Comcast home page, scroll down to bottom. Under "I want to" select: "Check tv listings".

It pulls up on TV Guide grid with all your current channels It works nice for seeing whats on.

I chose to shorten list under selecting filter and selecting "Free to me" and "HD" as an example.

I found you can print all pages or just choose certain ones. Just right-click on the grid and choose "print". This gave me a total of 11 pages of the time period of the grid. While possible to print this you most likely will want "Rightfoots" version, and just use this guide for viewing whats on that day.

The guide says for Streaming, but is the same as our RNG150N cable-boxes for linear cable viewing.

I just tried this, and it didn't work for me. Starting with the last row on page 1, all the rest of the channels are blank. I even tried it with just my favorites, and it still stops at the same place. 🤔

stream channels.PNG

edge v.PNG

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@rightfooted      You might be seeing the same thing I did. After getting into print prevew, the first  2 pages looked like a blank spreadsheet. The page I was viewing when issuing print command was on page 3 which I actually printed out.   That TV giude is an excellent guide to see current schedule vor viewing.

As I stated I would never bother to print pages from here, but it is possible. Your method is best to get just the list of local channels. Where did you find that listing?

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@rightfooted      You might be seeing the same thing I did. After getting into print prevew, the first  2 pages looked like a blank spreadsheet. The page I was viewing when issuing print command was on page 3 which I actually printed out.   That TV giude is an excellent guide to see current schedule vor viewing.

As I stated I would never bother to print pages from here, but it is possible. Your method is best to get just the list of local channels. Where did you find that listing?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/

This appears as many pages on screen, but the PDF shows the channels in 3 columns, so less pages.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@rightfooted wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/local-channel-lineup/

This appears as many pages on screen, but the PDF shows the channels in 3 columns, so less pages.

The only problem with the list found in your link is that it shows all possible local channels. I believe the OP would have liked a list showing of what he currently pays for. I would certainly like that too.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

While the tv Guide is not worth printing, it doe have excellent features for viewing. I made my guide a "favorite" so I can open it with one click. No need to go to Comcast site first.

Another nice feature on the guide is the ability to click on a certain program for more information.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@MNtundraRET wrote:

While the tv Guide is not worth printing, it doe have excellent features for viewing. I made my guide a "favorite" so I can open it with one click. No need to go to Comcast site first.

Another nice feature on the guide is the ability to click on a certain program for more information.

Same here I use Favorites in my guide it is much simpler. Hard to convince my 70 some year parents to do it though. I couldn't  imagine having to go through all the channels in guide though I still can switch to  HD or all channels. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Not interested in a TV guide.  Just want a simple listing of the channels I pay for.  Way too much info. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Quite frankly, this is BS that I have to go to a forum to try to find answers to questions that Comcast should be providing to its customers.

I just want a list of what I am paying for.  As a new customer, I find it onerous to have to select the channels I want in my Guide versus deleting channels I do not want - not interested in any foreign language channel (not English).  Not a big sports fan either.  All the news channels prejudice the facts with their particular flavor of politics, so not trusting any of them to just give me the facts and let me make up my own mind (Trump had a point about fake news).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here