MalloryM's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 31st, 2021 11:00 AM

Closed

Pixilation and Tiling

I have a serious pixilation / tiling problem happening on most channels. Even the ones that I think have strong signals, like CBS and ESPN. Problem is occurring on all TVs to different degrees. All my connections are tight. I have changed out all of my cable boxes. I don't have any 3rd party equipment that the cable is running through. I've had an Xfinity tech come out and replace all cabling inside and outside of the house. All my devices are direct connected, meaning I do not have any splitters on any cable line. The Xfinity tech checked the line from the pole to the house, and said it was fine, so he did not replace. The problem is usually very bad in the morning, and gets progressivly better as the day goes on, but never really goes away. Internet is not affected, in fact the internet speed is incredible. I have restarted or reset my service several times. I think it's ridiculous that I pay over $300 a month for this kind of reception. Looking for any ideas or help with this situation. I'm left with calling a tech back out or switching to a new service.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Absolutely agree. Same problem here. Phone service solutions are basically worthless. Too many hoops to jump through to get a service call.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @stingmcb, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. Our team would love the chance to turn this experience around. 

For troubleshooting purposes, are all channels or only certain channels having this issue? Are you seeing this issue on one particular cable box in your home or on all of your boxes?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

same problem. comes and goes. have tried all xfinity troubleshooting suggestions and none help.

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

Thanks for reaching out and joining the Xfinity Forums Community, @leadfeet . I am sorry to hear you have had ongoing pixilation issues. This must be causing a frustrating experience for you and your family.

Pixilation and reception issues are normally caused from a loose connection/interference. I would like to rule out the basics. Can you check the coax cable at the wall and the cable box? Please make sure all connections are finger tight. If you connect using a splitter, please make sure the connections are tight around the splitter as well. You may also want to consider replacing the splitter (we offer replacements at the Xfinity store free of charge). If you have an amplifier in the home, you will want to make sure it is plugged in and light is showing green. Lastly, don’t forget about the HDMI cord. These cords can come loose and cause reception issues. I recommend removing the cord completely, checking for damage, and plugging it back in.

If you are still having reception problems after troubleshooting, we will need to dig a little further. Please send our team a private message with your full name, service address, and account holders name (if different). To send a private message click the chat icon in the upper right corner. Send the full message to our shared handle “Xfinity Support”.

Thank you for being a loyal Comcast customer!  

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

How do I start a chat? I don't see chat icon that works in the upper right corner

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

We've had this problem with channels like Freeform and Hallmark many times in the past.  Usually we call in to service and they send some sort of signal to the box with restarts it and it fixes it for a while.  Unfortunately doing an automatic refresh from the app or online doesn't help.  I don't know what the difference is but it's frustrating.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here