U

Sunday, September 15th, 2024 8:59 PM

pixelation

We have been having pixelation issues on a couple of channels - CBS (sports) and ION (sports) for quite some time (at least a year) and we do not have the issues on any other stations.  We have reset the one box and it has not helped.  What is going on and how do we get this fixed?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 days ago

Pixelation happens when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise. This might be because of a bad cable box or a problem at Comcast (check https://www.xfinity.com/support/status/, 1-800-Comcast voice response, or the Xfinity app) but is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it and an employee does not respond to your message here, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit (approx. $100) unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 day ago

Hi there, @user_buwsk6 I'm really sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the pixelation issues you are experiencing. Since it's been a few days since you last posted, are you still experiencing the same pixelation issues, if you are please reach back out so we can get you taken care of.-Richard

2 Messages

Richard -

Yes, we are still experiencing the pixelation issues.  As mentioned before, it is usually only on the 2 channels, there may be more but we don't go to them.  We rarely watch any tv with commercials - so it is pay cable channels or sports and sports is usually on commercial stations.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you, @user_buwsk6 I appreciate your patience while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having with your channels, I definitely know how frustrating it is to have your channels pixelated. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full service address so that I can assist you further.-Richard

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here