U

Saturday, January 6th, 2024 5:22 PM

Closed

Peacock & Xfinity are impossible

I thought I was going crazy... 

I JUST clicked a link on Xfinity and signed up for a new. Peacock account for free except it has ads.  I go to the peacock settings and try to upgrade because Xfinity says I can get premium plus for $6 a month through them so the peacock app sends me back to Xfinity but Xfinity says I can only manage my account through the flex box.

First no I can't manage it through the flex box.  There's no way to upgrade the account for the $6 so that's some well done false advertising right there Xfinity.. well I should say Comcast, trying to get people to call you Xfinity didn't hide the years of bad press and experiences like you seem to think it would.

Why doesn't either company want my money?  I've been reading articles for years about how peacock doesn't ever do anything but lose them money.. well maybe now we know why.  They refuse to take the money and make managing the account impossible.

there is no way to manage anything or change the plan.  Genius! 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

9 months ago

... There's no way to upgrade the account for the $6 ...

Correct. You can't upgrade free Premium to Premium Plus. They made several bizarre decisions when they decided to yank Peacock back in the summer, and one of them is, if you have the free Peacock Premium, you can't get the ad-free Premium Plus version by paying the excess over Premium.

To get Plus, you'd have to create a new Peacock account with a different email address and pay the full Premium Plus price. The last sentence of https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs reads:

If you receive Peacock Premium through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus through Xfinity at this time.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here