U

Sunday, October 15th, 2023 5:54 PM

Closed

Peacock premium plus

I was able to activate my Peacock Premium subscription without any problems. How do I upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus? Here are the problems that I am running into: (1) I do not have a Xfinity TV box (e.g., Flex), nor do I want one; (2) there does not appear to be another way to get the Plus upgrade online. Any ideas?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Hi, @user_bej9bf! Welcome to the XFINITY forums page and thank you for patiently waiting for a response. I am happy to hear that you were able to activate the Peacock Premium subscription without any problems. We can certainly help with how to upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus. Based on 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqshttps://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs at the very bottom it has:

If you receive Peacock Premium through NOW TV, Gigabit speed internet or Xfinity Rewards, you cannot upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus through Xfinity at this time.

If you were looking to go the ad-free version with the plus, at this time you would need to cancel and pay the full subscription. If you don't mind holding off then it looks like we are currently working on trying to be able to upgrade to the Plus with the reward/internet-only customers, however, there is no ETA on when this option to upgrade will be released. How does this sound?

3 Messages

Sounds good to me. Thank you very much for the clear answer. If a deal is struck, then I hope Xfinity publicizes it to customers such as myself. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Our team takes pride in always providing clear answers and dedicated support. Thank you for being such an important part of the Xfinity family! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

Finally I have an answer I have been looking for.  I have had Peacock Premium Plus for quite a while now but since this changed I have been unable to update my Peacock Premium account to the Plus  account.  Seems a lot of information online is wrong but this site finally explains it in more detail.  Xfinity customer support is hard to find and even though I don't use it very often would like to have access to it.  Looking forward to have the option for paying a bit extra for Peacock Premium Plus over Premium.  Paying for ads make no sense to me so the extra fee for ad free entertainment is well worth it.  Thanks for finally ending my search for this information.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

@user_4f5a01 you're welcome! Thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your questions about Peacock Premium Plus. We are glad we were able to resolve your issue. Never hesitate to create another public post for any of your future account and service needs! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityGabriel​ 

It’s unfortunate that’sXfinity’s answer, because Xfinity signed a new deal with Peacock for two years which Xfinity could’ve been able to add the plus option like they had before, but they didn’t.  What I’ve heard from employees is that we’re going to have to wait till current two year contract is up before anything can be done.  Xfinity offers you ‘free’ Peacock as long as you are ok with basic plan, if you want anything beyond that, you have to pay full price through Peacock, so it’s NOT FREE.  As much money as Xfinity charges, you think they could just let you add on a ads-free plan, but no, more money out our pockets.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here