U

Monday, March 11th, 2024 11:04 AM

Closed

Peacock Premium Plus price benefit?

I just want to verify if I'm seeing this correctly. I have Xfinity Gig internet plan that comes with Peacock Premium as a "free" bonus. It has a ton of disruptive commercial breaks that I do not want. I already thought I upgraded to Peacock Premium Plus months ago, but started seeing ads again so I logged into my account to see what was going on. 
It used to be an up-charge of 5 or 6 bucks to upgrade to Premium Plus which removed ads. It now looks like that option is gone and my only option is to pay the full regular $11.99 for Peacock Premium Plus (meaning the "free" Peacock Premium that is included with my Gig Internet plan is worthless to me). Is this correct? Xfinity essentially removed any benefit of their "free" perk for those people like me that have no interest in seeing commercials in their streaming content? 

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 months ago

... my only option is to pay the full regular $11.99 for Peacock Premium Plus ...

Correct. They made several bizarre decisions when they decided to yank free Peacock, and one of them is, if you have free Peacock Premium, you can't get the ad-free Premium Plus version by paying the excess over Premium. To get Plus you'd have pay the full price. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-premium-offers says:

Upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus

If you receive Peacock Premium through one of the promotions outlined above (as a NOW TV, Gigabit Internet or Xfinity Rewards Diamond or Platinum customer), you can now upgrade to Peacock Premium Plus from your online account at xfinity.com/account. Note that a subscription to Peacock Premium Plus must be purchased at the full retail cost ($11.99/month).

I was not able to find an Upgrade option on https://xfinity.com/account. I had to click the "hamburger" menu at the top-left, select "TV & Streaming", then "Your plan / Premiums / Manage premium channels", then click "Upgrade your plan" on the "peacock" tile, then (huff, puff) "Upgrade your plan / Premium Plus".

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

2 Messages

Thanks! Good to know I’m not going crazy. 
Not very happy with Xfinity, their support, and their business practices.

Wish I had some other broadband options in my area.

…sigh. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Good luck getting Xfinity to cancel you free Peacock Premium subscription. I called them to cancel so I could purchase Peacock Premium Plus on my own for a lot cheaper and Xfinity couldn’t cancel it and transferred me 5 times in 1.5 hours!!!!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@Ctiffeni1 I'm sorry to hear about your experience with canceling Peacock. I'm happy to take alook at your account more to help. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here