jbrady33's profile

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Tue, Sep 29, 2020 9:00 AM

pausing, pixelating, freezing, sound drops for several seconds

2nd attempt

MODERATORS - please don't move/delete this again as "unhelpful" , I am still having this issue and hoping for advice of resolution form the Comcast employees on the board

Several channels on all TVs in the house have pausing, pixelating, freezing, sound drops for several seconds.  CNN (817) and the music channels (429, 427, 428) for sure

This happens several times an hour and is really annoying an interruptive.

We had this once before a few years ago, it took like 9 months to close the ticket,   Several tech visits, lots of resets, all splitters and cable ends replaced, all boxes replaced.  A service manager with a fancy meter tested our house, let us know it was NOT in our home but somewhere in the Comcast network, probably locally to our area,   He called a few weeks later and said that equipment/cabling locally was replaced or repaired and it fixed several long running issues.

So my questions:

Is anyone else having this?

Is there any way to request the ’local area’ to be checked or whatever like the manager did without going through the months of site visits and phone support first?  We are in Elkton MD

Thanks in advance!

Responses

stereoptic

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

7 m ago

again at 1:45PM!

jbrady33

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

7 m ago

been pretty bad on and off in MD today as well

twx55

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 m ago

I'm having the same issue with Comcast in South Florida. Mainly CNN, momentary pause and loss of sound for maybe 3  or 4 seconds. Was bad for a month, then stopped for a week so I thought it was resolved, then started again on Nov 3 election night just as I turned on CNN. Just like someone above posted. I'm not even bothering to call Comcast because it seems to be happening on CNN all over the country so it's not my equipment or cable. I hope Comcast is aware of this issue.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

I have been having this issue for over a week always on CNN. We have been doing resets and all that and nothing helps.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

Same issue on CNN only in Eastern Connecticut. I anticipate as they announce the next President of the United States it will freeze up and I will be left to wonder for five seconds. Lol

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

7 m ago

This is happening to me only with CNN. All other news and major networks are fine. Very annoying. 

aauchjr

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

7 m ago

Same exact issue with the same group of channels as was decscribed before in Lansdale PA.  They freeze at least 3 times an hour.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

7 m ago

Bethany, CT here and same issue. Brief video and audio freeze of just a second or two. This only started happening over the weekend. Two techs came out yesterday and replaced my STB and redid all my coax connections at pole and on my basement. I installed new HDMI cables too. A senior engineer came out this morning and said my SNR (signal to noise ratio) has some spikes, so he’s having a maintenance tech come out with a bucket truck to check the poles in the neighborhood. I’m only watching CNN HD 1111 if that matters. I’ll keep waiting and hoping the issue gets fixed. And yes, I’ve endured three chats/calls where each service person insisted on doing the “refresh” and “hard reset” of my STB remotely with no improvement; just a waste of time.
twx55

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 m ago

Don't even waste your time with refresh and hard resets or having techs come out to check your lines. This is happening all over the country on the Comcast system. There are people on this thread posting the same exact symptoms  from Tennessee, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and I'm in Florida. I've had the issue on and off for at least a month, basically only CNN HD. The same symptoms......basically only CNN HD, 3, 4 or 5 second screen freeeze or herky jerky image and loss of audio then back to normal. Obviously this is some issue with the CNN feed to Comcast or some interface problem. I'm not a techie but it's not your equipment or STB. If you post this same problem here, post what state you're in to track this issue. Wake up Comcast!

twx55

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

7 m ago

I just re-read this thread and in addition to the states I listed above I found the CNN HD freeze/pause  for 4 seconds issue posted from people in Detroit Michigan and Seattle Washington so this issue seems to be nationwide.  CNN HD just froze for 4 seconds with audio loss as I was typing this at 6:38 pm, lol. I'm in Florida.

pow111

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 m ago

I am having the same problem in North Huntingdon, PA.  This is obviously a nation wide Comcast problem with CNN.  They should fix it! 

Brocktoon

Regular Contributor

• 

125 Messages

7 m ago

Yup ... I 've posted previously on this thread.  The issue cleared up for a few weeks, but it's definitely some sort of feed/trasnmission issue with CNN and possibly a few other channels that have come back.  I'm just north of Philly and I'm seeing it on my XG1v4 as well as my small DTA box box.  Singal levels are fine.  Friends who use Comcast in other states have been expriencing it as well.  I think with all the attention on the Election and folks watching CNN it's becoming more obvious.

It doesn't seem to be affecting all customers though, which make me think it may have to do with some sort of 'plant' equipment Comcast may be using in certain areas of the country.

stereoptic

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

7 m ago

Several times again today!!!  In Massachusets.

COMCAST are you reading this?  

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 m ago

I have been experiencing this exact thing -- CNN HD audio/video freezing (channel 842) for a few seconds and then starting up again -- happening randomly. I'm guessing at least once every 30 minutes or so. It doesn't happen on any other channel (that I watch, anyway).

This happens on both of my TVs. I have the X1 system, so one box is the main/hub box and the other is a secondary/spoke box.

A Comcast tech was out here 1-2 years ago and replaced various filters/splitters (there was a MOCA issue I think). I've had zero problems since then except for this one, which I think started several months ago.

I'm in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

This happens to me like every 10 minutes on CNN.

New to the Community?

Start Here