U

Friday, September 22nd, 2023 11:24 PM

Closed

Only Xfinity commercials broadcast in Spanish instead of English

Over last several days watching live TV, not streaming, not On Demand, only Xfinity commercials touting battery backup with children not worried because the power went out, are being broadcast in Spanish. (One day there were two children of Oriental descent; the next the children were of Latin descent,) This is happening on more than one channel, NG Wild and Discovery so far.  Language never was, or is now, set Spanish.  NO OTHER commercials are in Spanish, just Xfinity.  There were no updates to my LG TV prior to Xfinity commercials switching languages.   Why would Networks would choose to ONLY broadcast Xfinity commercials in Spanish and ALL others in English. I've seen several questions about this, but couldn't find an answer that made any sense.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

1 year ago

Since the commercials are not on broadcast TV channels, and it only happens on Comcast commercials, there is a good chance that the commercials are put in by Xfinity itself. I get the occasional Comcast commercial in Spanish myself, and the only explanation I can think of is, I have a Hispanic-sounding last name, so somebody is assuming that there just might be someone in my household that speaks Spanish.

3 Messages

Mine name is not Hispanic.  And, I surrender.  The first Xfinity commercial today was in Spanish, again.  I don't really care anymore if it's in English or Spanish.  It just doesn't make any sense.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! To restore the default audio language please follow the steps below:

Press the xfinity button on your remote. Highlight Settings (the gear icon) and press OK on your remote. You can get to Audio Language (SAP) Reset from Device Settings > Audio, Language, or Accessibility Settings. Highlight one of them and press OK on your remote.

3 Messages

My question included the fact that the TV as NOT set to Spanish & had never been set to Spanish.  I did read other questions about this same issue from a couple of years ago & checked my TV before I asked the question.  Again, it was only Xfinity commercials for battery back up that were coming in in Spanish.  Everything else, including Xfinity mobile commercials & business commercials, were in English.  If the TV had been set to Spanish wouldn't all of the commercials been in Spanish?  Appreciate your effort, but that answer does not address the issues.  However, at this point it doesn't matter because at 7:32 last night, all by itself after several days, that commercials switched back to English.  I won't need any help again until whatever caused it comes back.

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

Unfortunately, that is not something that Comcast has control over. Commercials are run by each individual network and are determined by their contracts with the various businesses looking to advertise on their network. We transmit the broadcast that each network is providing but don't have control of the contracts that run advertisements on the network. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I have experienced the same exact problem. Same commercial in Spanish. It’s a Comcast/Xfinity commercial, so Comcast has FULL control over this commercial. I have experienced it for several days as well if not longer. 

1 Message

There is nothing wrong with your TV. Comcast made two commercials about their backup power. One commercial has two English speaking Asian children and the other commercial has two Spanish speaking children. Very simply the Spanish speaking children commercial is catering to the vast number of Spanish speaking people in this country. EVERYONE who watches whatever channel the commercial is broadcast on sees and hears the Spanish. Comcast pays money to these channels to run their commercials a certain number of times per day just like any other business who advertises on television. It is really as simple as all that. And, if you don't want to hear the Spanish then press your Mute button.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here