Jimbo4847's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 5:51 PM

Closed

no signal detected toshiba fire tv

Greetings. Toshiba Fire TV can not detect any signal from new Xfinity TV box.  I did the following:

- I tested all 4 HDMI ports , same problem.

- I selected the correct input from TV settings. Can't detect it.

- I troubleshoot, Restart, plug and unplug many times both devices....nothing..not signal detected from Xfinity TV box.

- I tested my other TV boxes into the toshiba fire tv, still cant detect any signal.

I don't think it is a defect in the Toshiba TV because:

- I hooked my laptop to MIracast on the TV screen and Hdmi detects my laptop.. perfect.

- I hooked the new Xfinity TV box to another Samsung TV  and it is detected and works well.

problem is: i cant watch the Xfinity cable channels in my Toshiba Fire TV set. message is: " no signal detected. "

should I change the HDMI cables that you provided?...i already changed the TV boxes that you sent me.

I dont want to hook up the "cable out" from the TV box to the toshiba fire TV and use it as analog..that works but image looks a bit blurry.

Please advise. i am about to return the box and use just streaming or internet with TV. this is the only box,from the 4 I have, that cant work properly.

very frustrating experience

please advise. thanks

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, @Jimbo4847  I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. You did great troubleshooting so far and I really appreciate you taking those steps. You mentioned the box works with another tv, so that would tell us that it shouldn't be the box or it wouldn't work there either. You tried the other boxes to that tv and couldn't get a signal either. I would start with replacing cables, if you can swap with another device to check it out, that would be the easiest place to start.  Please let us know if this doesnt resolve the issue, we're here for you! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here