E

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, September 24th, 2022 11:32 PM

Closed

No "FAVORITE STAR" on Xfinity guide on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K so I can setup favorite channels

I just installed a new FireTV Stick 4K (all updates downloaded) on my Vizio 4K Bedroom TV and then installed the latest XFINITY STREAM APP V6.19.2.  I am trying to add FAVORITE CHANNELS  to the FAVORITES LIST in the stream app. 

The very simlple instructions read:

Scroll left and Highlight the channel # and select the STAR 

THERE IS NO STAR!   There is a star on the iPhone App as well as on the Apple TV app but no star on the FireTV Stick 4K APP so there is no way to select a channed for the "favorites list".

I have seen a few other posts with the same issue but with no response.  Why is this very simple function not available on the Xfinity TV Amazon FireTV 4K app?  Can't find any specific settings.  Is there something obvious I am missing? 

What I DID FIND was if I added the FAVORITES on my iPhone app they will appear on the FireTV Stick favorites  (but NOT the Apple TV version of Xfinity Stream app).  This whole thing is really annoying but at least there is a workaround

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for sending over a message regarding the troubles with our Xfinity stream app. I am here and will investigate. Just to confirm is the app up to date on your TV? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityLamont​ I put the app version in the first post.   Just installed it as I also stated in the first post so it is obviously the most recent.  

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@EdwF Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

2 years ago

Any resolution to this issue? 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello, @EdwF, and thank you for reaching out to get help. When researching this on my end, I was not able to locate any known issues or an answer to your question, but would be happy to report this and work with the advanced techs to find a solution. Can you send a direct message with your first and last name and service address? To send a direct message click the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I figured it out...

I used the Xfinity Stream app on my android tablet (or phone) to set my "favorites" (tap the stars) then I went to my tv with the firestick then went to the xfinity stream app, went to "favorites" and TA-DA! The favorites are there! Since the firestick xfinity stream app don't have the "stars" this seems to be a workaround. With my xfinity channel line up package there's several duplicate channels that end up in my favorites although I didn't select it. It's still waaay better than paging through "All Channels" to find something to watch. Good luck, enjoy.

- The Captain 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This has not been fixed  (as of Dec 2022)..   The Xfinity Steam App for Fire TV Stick does not have the Favorites STARS..     The work-around is to login using PC browser https://xfinity.com/stream, and then go to the All channels.. then select the Favorites by clicking on the Stars.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here