PettBrenson's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, May 26th, 2022 6:52 PM

Closed

No Access to Newsmax

I was able to access Newsmax as of last Thursday, May 19. Since Friday, May 20, When I try to access it on channel 1115 I keep receiving an alert that says that it now requires a subscription to view. I am unable to locate anywhere access to sign up for the subscription what gives? 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @PettBrenson. We do make changes to the channel lineup from time to time and will notify you in advance in a bill message. That being said I am not seeing anything showing Newsmax has been changed to a different lineup. Did you make any changes to your plan or equipment when this happened? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps such as a System Refresh? 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityRay​ Nope no changes to either plan or equipment. Still getting the "Newsmax needs a subscription to view" alert when tuning to 1115.

Contributor

• 

71 Messages

I appreciate you providing us an update on your issue with Newsmax. With this in mind, Newsmax has been moved to an IP station with our services, so it requires a connection to the internet to access and some Xfinity equipment does not work with only IP stations. Have you tried resetting your modem? We've seen success with resetting the cable box and the modem with this error.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here