U

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Friday, October 6th, 2023 12:39 PM

Closed

NHL & NBA

Will Xfinity be offering the NHL Center Ice and NBA League Pass packages this year? I don't see the option to subscribe on screen and whenever I call customer service they have no idea what these packages are.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there, @user_03b8a8! We wanted to circle back now that we got everything figured out, successfully adding both NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice for you. We truly appreciate your time and willingness to work with our Digital Care Team! As I mentioned in our latest Direct Message, please feel free to create a new public post if any other questions or concerns arise, and we'll always support you however we can :)

Problem Solver

• 

764 Messages

1 year ago

Have you tried the online link for Center Ice?

It's a little early for NBA League Pass; the season doesn't start for about three weeks.

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@ThatDonGuy​ Thanks for the info, but I signed in (to make sure it was for my area) and I'm stuck in a "Authenticating" loop and have been in this loop from the moment I signed in. The link may work in your area but it's (apparently) not going to work in mine (NH). I'm a Rangers fan and I went to their channel and they're still showing the schedule for todays preseason games. So maybe I have to wait for the preseason to be completely over. Unless someone from Xfinity answers.

I checked the Knicks channel and that says go to the website and upgrade but, as mentioned in my original post, I see neither package is being offered yet. I do know they're pushing the hell out of "Max" having various sports including NHL & NBA but of course they want more money for that. 

I'm kind of waiting to see what my options will be, but thank you for your response.

Tom

Problem Solver

• 

1.6K Messages

I'll be adding both also this season. See you on the court and ice!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_03b8a8, and thanks for reaching out about the upcoming package releases. The NHL center Ice should be available now for purchase, and the NBA league will be available starting the 17th. Were you able to get the NHL package already?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

No, it isn't available on screen or on the xfinity pages. I just checked both a minute ago and nothing. The Rangers channel is still showing yesterdays pre-season schedule. The Knicks (NBA) is still go to xfinity but unless they're very well hidden neither league is available for purchase yet. Whoever gave you the info about this apparently didn't check. Maybe it's in process but there NHL and NBA packages aren't there. (I know you said the 17th for NBA), so at the very least, at this moment, the NHL info is incorrect...and, no personal offense, but I'm not the least bit surprised.

Certainly, if you get any new info, I'd want to know about it. In the meantime I'll keep periodically checking.

On a side note, if the leagues keep portioning at their games to other outlets such as Amazon Prime, Apple and now Max, eventually I'm just going to give up. I would imagine only the very wealthy can afford to keep buying all these extra channels. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

You may be able to link over and add it through our website here: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/digital-cable-tv/sports/nhl/center-ice. The regular season starts Wednesday (10/11), but there is a free preview for pre-season games in effect now. Please let me know if you continue to have issues adding it to your account, and we can take care of it for you directly.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

NBA League pass shows preseason basketball starting today on the Xfinity guide but even with my subscription I can’t watch.  What is going on.  No one at Xfinity seems to know.  After two handoffs they sent me to the NBA App customer services which is great if I want to subscribe twice as the Xfinity login only grants you NBA TV.  This isn’t hard Xfinity, every year we go through this in preseason.  Just turn it on please!

1 Message

ditto.

same thing every year after years of "it'll be automatic next year!"

content we're paying for started last week....

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here