U

Tuesday, October 17th, 2023 12:05 AM

Closed

NHL Center Ice

Why am I getting blackout messages for teams that I don't get locally (living in PA but can't watch Washington Capitals games)? And why do I have connection issues - twice now in the first three days of the season - when trying to watch certain games? I dealt with customer support at least once on this issue last season and it's the same mess again this year.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

Hello! @user_4p043e

NHL Center Ice is a subscription hockey package that includes access to up to 40 out-of-market games per week from all 32 NHL teams. It’s designed for the NHL fan who wants to see more than just the games played by their local team.

The games included in NHL Center Ice are in addition to those available on NBC, NBC Sports, NHL Network, and a subscriber's in-market network(s) (such as a regional sports network and/or over-the-air station).

• Pre-season start: September 23, 2023
  • Regular season start: October 11, 2023
  • Season end: April 18, 2024

It is most likely that the Capitals game in question was available to you locally on a different channel, even if you are in PA.

2 Messages

NBC Sports Washington (now Monumental Sports Network) is not a channel that we get locally. Even when that channel existed as CSN Washington, it has been at least two decades since that channel has been available in our area.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_4p043e I'd be happy to look at your lineup to see what channel it's on. Please direct message us your full name and address. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here