Switch630's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 28th, 2023 1:44 AM

Closed

NHL center ice always stops working

Just recently subscribed to NHL center ice, attempted watching about 5 or 6 hockey games since then, every single game I've watched on there at some point completely stops and picture goes blank. When I come online to check the status of my devices everything is in the green and working correctly. Channel doesn't start working again until I change channels and come back and even then it takes 2 or 3 attempts. 

Official Employee

• 

533 Messages

9 months ago

@Switch630  Thanks for posting, that is strange and concerning. It can be fixed though, great job on reaching out. Follow the steps to troubleshoot the picture and sound on this https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tv-troubleshoot-xfinity-app guide. It will check everything, and ensure it's all updated so you can watch those goal attempts successfully. If it continues after that let us know. We'll work on it and get a tech out if needed. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Same issue here.  Some of the games recently were set up to record and didn't.  Ugh!  The ones that did record won't play back correctly.  Super frustrating!  I called and the agent was an idiot with no training.  I'm giving them one more day to fix this and otherwise dumping my cable subscription and moving to a different provider.  Comcast has the absolute WORST technical support of any company I have ever dealt with.  They have been consistently useless over many years.  I think it's time to cut the cord. 

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

9 months ago

Same problem here. Every time we watch there’s an (usually minor) issue, but tonight it wasn’t working on our set top box at all. I had to cast from my iPad to the TV in order to watch. Based on the complaints I’m seeing, I’m not the only one having issues with the set top boxes. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@rpf75 Are you experiencing this concern on all of your TV boxes? Have you tried performing a full power cycle to refresh the signal? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

Yes, I’ve done all the usual things and yes, it is happening on all devices (boxes and tablets)

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

9 months ago

This is utterly ridiculous. This has been going on for over a year, and you always have the same ole answers that solve NOTHING!

When will you admit the problem is either on your end, or NHL”s. 
Countless calls, constant resets from your end, constant resets on my end, results in 

constant no fixes. 
it goes black at any given time, and sometimes NEVER comes back…. Ha! It just happened again while typing this. Not kidding. 
It’s a complete joke. I’ve been a center ice subscriber for probably 15 years, and it just keeps getting worse?

Quit telling us how sorry you are and FIX IT ALREADY!

2 Messages

9 months ago

After further review, this was by far the worst night ever. So we just canceled center ice… which was an adventure all on its own. Which I won’t even bother to write here…. And you wonder why your customer service scores are so low. 
To my fellow hockey fans, this is the 2nd customer service person to say that the problem is with NHL’s servers… Whose up for a class action suit against the NHL? :)

So after at least a decade and a half, goodbye to NHL Center Ice, I will definitely miss you. 
And to comcast customer service, we will bid you farewell too, very soon. 

3 Messages

9 months ago

The last three weeks I have not been able to watch a full game. I am ready to cancel if nothing is done to fix this.

I have been an NHL center ice subscriber for over 10 years, and this has been far and away the worst it has ever been.

I called and spoke to a tech who tried to do something to fix the issue, but nothing has changed.

The games start out ok and then eventually begin freezing and jumping forward and then error screens pop up to contact your service provider.

I tape the games to my DVR and the next morning the games have completely disappeared or if they are still on the DVR it is unplayable.

1 Message

9 months ago

Same thing here. 5 great matchups on right now and I can't get a single game!

What am I paying for???

4 Messages

9 months ago

Cannot watch the whole [Edited: "Language"] game without it going off multiple times for minutes at a time.  Never had an issue with Center Ice which I’ve had from the beginning,with any other carrier than comcast.  I seriously doubt this issue is with the NHL.  What are you doing to fix this????

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_cc1c07 Sorry for the trouble with NHL Center Ice. This is a known issue we are working diligently to get resolved. A temporary resolution is to tune to the opponents feed during a game. We appreciate your patience. 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Same is happening to us with every game. We do not have this issue with any other part of Xfinity, apps,etc. Only center ice. 
It will go completely black and then the game will come back on and you've lost 15 minutes or more of the game. 
We watch on channel 3069. I'm calling Monday for some kind of compensation/refund. 
This is beyond frustrating. 

4 Messages

If you watch the rare afternoon games, everything works perfect.  But once the 7:00 est games (the majority) come on, you get constant interruptions.  This tells me comcast isn’t providing the necessary streaming capabilities for  Center Ice which is bullsh*t.  It’s not channel specific either.  ALL the games are affected.  Cutting costs Comcast?   ESPN+ is an alternative I will be exploring.  As stated above, this is beyond frustrating.

1 Message

9 months ago

Center ice has become a joke  on Xfinity.  It works.maybe 50% of the time and games drop out all the time. Customer service is no help at all.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here